mod idea for roleplaying, does it exist already?

Deleted1346576User

Hi all,

I've been looking for a mod that does this:

- set minor skills to 1 (when leaving the sewers, I suppose)

- make leveling minor skills impossible or at least very hard.

The idea is to not be able to create a character that can do anything if you play long enough. I want to enforce role playing.

I'm not opposed to having to create the mod myself if nothing like this exists (I've looked but couldn't find anything) but I'd like some feedback first:

Does this sound feasable in terms of gameplay? Is it a horrible idea? Am I missing some obvious implications that make this a gamebreaker?

I've never done anything with the ES construction set but am a programmer, is this doable for a construction set newby? Don't worry, I'm not looking for a step by step walkthrough here, just some general pointers.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1888 KCAS, There are optional esps for slower leveling, and as for the minor skills type in:

player.setav speechcraft 1

player.setav alteration 1

etc..

Yes, I've been messing with those settings already, but that's hardly immersive, and rather cumbersome. I've found the fskilluseminormult setting, changing that helps a bit. All I need now is to run a script that goes through the skills and test to see if they are minor; if yes then set them to 1. Or something like that.

Thanks.

are you speaking of a mod that would disallow certain skills upon choice of class? for example if you'd roll a warrior, your magical abilities would be very weak.

Because I've been looking for that.

Edit: fail, lol, well ty for the link beefyh

for example if you'd roll a warrior, your magical abilities would be very weak.

Yes, that's the general idea. The simplest way to implement that (I thought) would be to disallow any skill increments for any minor skills, and set the minor skills to 1. You'd be able to use some minor skill associated stuff but it wouldn't work very well, thus enforcing roleplaying and eliminating that jack of all trades result you get after having played 40 hours. I'm pretty much on my way to building this mod, I'll update if things progress to a usable level. Might take me a while, I find the tutorials on teswiki completely suckazoid.