Fallout: New Vegas uses STEAM, but why...?

Stryfe23

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like steam but i HATE it.I like how I can buy games and if my computer crashes or kicks the bucket,its there for me to get it back. But I dont like all the bugs,the glitches,the random errors and so on and so forth. I dont hack,I dont pirate.I mod on occasion. But its getting to the point now,where you just get screwed over. I mean Steam has caused a BSOD on me more than once. I have had error after error after error. Spore is famous in my household for errors on Steam,i actually got so fed up with it I went out and bought a hard copy to do it with THEN it worked. I wont even go near MW2 on Steam again. Ive heard lots of problems of it.I had it once and I uninstalled right away. the prices are outrageous for some of the older games. I mean if i wanted to spend 20 bucks on an older game,why wouldnt I go on Amazon or Ebay and get it for half or even quarter the price?

Take DiRt for example,the first one. I have it. the DRM is quite anoyying. I like to have my games in my harddrive so when I want to play it its there. But what happens if my disc gets damaged somehow? then the game is useless taking up space. I mean I remember when I downloaded all the patches and they didnt even fix the save corruptions

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, it's such a big hardship to have a comparatively small little app just sitting idle, not even running. :rolleyes: You do not have to be online and possibly even do not need Steam running, so it's not really that big a deal.

And is anyone forgetting about people that are having problem with FOSE and modding in general because of steam?

I haven't had a Problem with FOSE and using the GECK with the Steam Version of Fallout 3. It's working just fine for me.