Favorite class

Lehcar

• 3 weeks later...

What I'm trying to say is that while rogues can be fun, their skills are more of a distraction. I find having an extra mage to blast the place or heal gets the job done much quicker and easier than fiddling around with a rogue.

I don't play as a "pure" rogue. Since I usually solo, my rogues have a few spells up their sleeve. I have tried the Arcane Warrior with dual-wield and stealth but I really hate it when he gets caught in a trap and gets pounded. But either way, I prefer a rogue-mage hybrid.

I prefer Rogues in this game, and have started to in all my other RPGs too. True at lower levels they tend to get pounded, but in DA my rogue assassin/duelist/shadow slaughters enemies faster than Oghren, both with massive weapons. While I sometimes use traps, bombs, and bows, I'm eminently successful in wading into the fray and slaughtering everything in my way. I was able to complete the OC with the "I'm Kind of a Big Deal" acheivement because my PC never died once in the whole game, always set on nightmare.