Distorted hand meshes. Need help.

GAM3RFinn

I hope this is the correct section.

So. Where do i start? This is driving me crazy. I need help. I can't say what causes the problem, for i've been trying to find what causes the problem, with no results.

Something is causing my male character's hand meshes go crazy. Not all the time, it seems to happen randomly when i stop moving. If i move again, most of the time it fixes itself, but this happens very often, and it's driving me mad. I can't find the source, the problem. I've uninstalled all my mods couple of times, installing few and then trying to cause the bug to happen again. Couple hours ago i gave up. It looked like i had it figured out, i uninstalled the mod that was apparently causing this, and then installed everything else just to be sure, well. The problem is still present.

The problem has been around for quite some time now, but i was able to ignore it till lately, not sure how, but i figured i could live with it. Turns out, i'm getting really annoyed by it and would like to get it fixed.

When i move around, most the time everything is alright, but sometimes when i stop moving, my character's hand meshes shrunk like this:

Here is a better view:

When i tried changing the mods around, i caused this monstrosity:

I'm burning all my brain cells here. I just can't find the problem. The worst thing is that i can barely find any info about this. Only 2-3 topics after several hours of searching online, haven't found a fix anywhere.

If anyone can help, please do. I have a mild OCD and this bug really bothers me. Thanks in advance.

My current load order, copied from FOMM. I can confirm that the problem occurs with this load order.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
RRCompanionVault.esm
FNVToolkit.esm
Caliber.esm
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
CaliberXgunrunners.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
SCC NV 0.3.esm
FNV-BeardEyebrowFixV1_0.esp
Readius_NV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
Light My Flare.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
ACR.esp
AK_AR15WP.esp
Jswords4sale.esp
Moddable Unique Weps.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Cheat.Cabinet.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
DragonskinBonusPack.esp
DragsModernGunslinger.esp
Eyepatch.esp
HDTshop.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
PimpMyScarf.esp
PimpMyScarf_v2.esp
ranger_leather.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
noautoaim.esp
GrenadeHotkey.esp
GrenadeHotkey - DeadMoney.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
AoT_Masks 5-Years In The Making.esp
001 Project Weaponry.esp
GlovesGalore.esp
GlovesGalore_DeadMoney.esp
MaxFollowers12.esp
TheLozza's_Gasmasks.esp
PimpMyScarf_CamoRetext.esp
PimpMyScarf_ForDragonskinOutfits+.esp
HKUSP.esp
NV Desert Eagle.esp
ColtM4Carbines.esp
Jswords4freeDMGPlus5.esp
Jswords4free.esp
Jswords4saleDMGPlus5.esp
Glock Pack.esp
B92FS.esp
AG Weapon Reload Speed.esp
AG Weapon Reload Speed -Minor AGI.esp
HeadgearRevamp.esp
Mysterious Punisher + Punisher Noir.esp
Punisher Noir.esp
Mysterious Punisher.esp
Hood.esp
updatedWearGlassesandMasks.esp
WearableAMrifles.esp
Christine1.esp
JGrahamCompanion.esp
PickCompanionArmorandWeapons.esp
CCO - Ulysses Companion - All DLCs Patch.esp
CCO - Ulysses Companion - Dead Money Patch.esp
CCO - Ulysses Companion - Free Follower.esp
CCO - Ulysses Companion - Old World Blues Patch.esp
CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp
No Weapon Speed Penalty.esp
DFB - Dead Money Revisit.esp
CAGE 1.9.3.1.esp
Boon_spotter.esp
NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp
HJLNoGorev100.esp
More Ghouls.esp
CourierCacheWSE.esp
Better Game Performance.esp
Combat Ranger Armor MII.esp
SleevedDusterArmorREQ.esp
Holster Gear.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
JoOsArmory.esp
KORs Pistol Harness JG.esp
KORs Pistol Harness.esp
MercWanderer.esp
MilitaryArmorPack.esp
RoadFighterArmorEN.esp
1nivVSLArmors Cheat.esp
MP5A4 and SWAT Gear.esp
Tac Vest Addon_NV.esp
Opportunist Armor.esp
JTmercgearlite.esp
JTmercgear.esp
HT Unlimited Ammo.esp
Total active plugins: 123
Total plugins: 131
The non-active plugins are:
ProjectBrazil.esm
XRE - CARS!.esm
DragonskinNCRPersonnelWearingOutfits.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
RogueRangerArmour.esp
XRE - CARS!.esp
CCO - FT Ulysses Patch.esp
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp

Do you have a

Body replacer? Race Mod? Animation reaplacer? or Weapon Mods that change some Animations?

(sry, I'm too lazy and not really thoroughly by watching a Plugin list)

Yes. I do have race and body mods, but currently i do not have them installed (trough NMM) and the problem is there.

I had some armors for Type 3 bodies, you can see the scientist gloves on one of the pics, i uninstalled that and the problem still remains.

Currently no race or body mod is active.

EDIT: Also, no animation replacers right now.

I did have them at one point so i removed them all, so we can say the issue also happens with the vanilla animations, as you can see on the first pic, it's the vanilla pistol animation.

Edited by GAM3RFinn

• The bad thing about NexusMM is, if he crashs during an installation, it install the mod, but it don't know that it is allready installen. So he will recreate the same files, if u want to deinstall the mod.
  • Also it could be possible, that some mod has overwritten/ would be overwritten, and as u deinstall them, NexusMM don't know anymore, which files are to be recreated (but it needs a crash during an installation too).
  • If your NexusMM didn't crash during a installation, i suggest u the same.

The best way is, to install the mod again, and deinstall it manually. That fixes some of those problems for me. Than deinstall it on nexus.

I think it could be Type3, Type3 Armor (Type3 required) or the race mod.

• The bad thing about NexusMM is, if he crashs during an installation, it install the mod, but it don't know that it is allready installen. So he will recreate the same files, if u want to deinstall the mod.
  • Also it could be possible, that some mod has overwritten/ would be overwritten, and as u deinstall them, NexusMM don't know anymore, which files are to be recreated (but it needs a crash during an installation too).

The best way is, to install the mod again, and deinstall it manually. That fixes some of those problems for me. Than deinstall it on nexus.

Alright, thanks.

What i'll try today: Remove all the body replacers and race mods temporarily and try the game without them.

I'll update once i got results.

Alright, thanks.

What i'll try today: Remove all the body replacers and race mods temporarily and try the game without them.

I'll update once i got results.

Problem still exists.

Should i try to remove the Mesh folder, and then downloading all the mods (excluding the body replacers and race mods)?

EDIT: I probably should have said this already, but the problem does not seem exist when all the mods trough NMM are uninstalled. I've tested for good 20 minutes, running and walking around, switching weapons and trying to trigger the bug, with no success. It happens randomly, but in that time (20 mins) it should have happened at least once.

Edited by GAM3RFinn

I thought it would be allways like that.

It's probably the only thing u can do now, to delete teh mesh folder and download it again.

If it still wont work, you have to delete the whole Data folder and download it again. Sometimes that's the only way to fix that.

Alright, thanks again. I'll update once i've tried that.

Little update:

After deleting the meshes and installing the mods again, the problem is still there. This is good however, because now i know it's because of 1 or many NMM mods.

I did some testing and found out that Pip Boy readius does not cause this. I thought it was the most likely to cause the bug, but i unistalled it with other mods on, the bug happened with Pip Boy 3000, i uninstalled everything else and it does not happen with the Readious.

After some time, i'm quite certain it's a Gameplay&Effects or a Misc mod, now the prime suspect is NVSE Stutter remover.

Something very interesting to note: The bug seems to happen when my character's animation bugs and he "glides" a little after stopping, the glide seems to be gone as well as i uninstalled everything else but Readius I need to do some more testing but i'll be sure to update once i get results.

Edited by GAM3RFinn

Little update:

After deleting the meshes and installing the mods again, the problem is still there. This is good however, because now i know it's because of 1 or many NMM mods.

I did some testing and found out that Pip Boy readius does not cause this. I thought it was the most likely to cause the bug, but i unistalled it with other mods on, the bug happened with Pip Boy 3000, i uninstalled everything else and it does not happen with the Readious.

After some time, i'm quite certain it's a Gameplay&Effects or a Misc mod, now the prime suspect is NVSE Stutter remover.

Something very interesting to note: The bug seems to happen when my character's animation bugs and he "glides" a little after stopping, the glide seems to be gone as well as i uninstalled everything else but Readius I need to do some more testing but i'll be sure to update once i get results.

Did it work, and how did u fix the problem?

Would be interessting for me :]