Bows, why they no work?

loveme4whoiam

but aren't the bows being held in the wrong hand, assuming the character holds a sword in their right hand?

If you go under the assumption that the player is right-handed, then the bow IS held in the wrong hand. Oops. As for this

NOOO!! Bethesda can NEVER mess up!! THEYRE PERFECT I TELL YOU!!! *Becomes unstable and scuttles off into a corner, slumps down and starts scrawling messages on the wall with a pointy stick* Eehehehhee.... 

Ahem.

all i can say is, give the man a drink. And a straight-jacket. ;)

i didnt read all of these cuz they seem repeatitive but what i got outta bows was long bows are nice. bonemold long bow works good especially cuz it has more enchant value, tho im yet to get daedric bow if anyone knows where it is thatd be great. but you just have to adjust for it, if it goes to the bottom left, move it up and right. simple. i use chitin arrows at like level 10, cuz they're cheap and i bought them by the 500's. but they miss alot, which im used to cuz i just move away from the target and i hit them, surprise. but if anyone never used a bow, they sure come in handy if you want to get a few hits off early, and levitating adds to fun.

That's why bows are so effective though, since you can get a few hits off before you have to start going into melee. I think the better type of arrow you have the higher chance you have to hit and the straighter they fly, so ebony, daedric and glass arrows would probably get you the best bang for whatever you're looking for.

Hmm Daedric longbow huh? Well you can always do the Visser-Dissant quest or there's a guy in Mournhold who has one (if you have Tribunal).

Yeah, bows are good for softening up a target for melee. But the same could be said for destruction spells that do damage "on target". These have the added advantage of doing damage every time you cast them. So which would be better for the player? If you're a purist fighter, a bow fits with the image B) but is largely impractical (debatable, see above) until you can afford the best bows and arrows. If you are a mage-blade (like me - i guess i could fall into that class) then using spells rather than bows if both easier and more practical. What do you guys think?

but aren't the bows being held in the wrong hand, assuming the character holds a sword in their right hand?

If you go under the assumption that the player is right-handed, then the bow IS held in the wrong hand. Oops. As for this

NOOO!! Bethesda can NEVER mess up!! THEYRE PERFECT I TELL YOU!!! *Becomes unstable and scuttles off into a corner, slumps down and starts scrawling messages on the wall with a pointy stick* Eehehehhee.... 

Ahem.

all i can say is, give the man a drink. And a straight-jacket. ;)

Is it normal to use the wrong hand for sword fighting etc?

then again the player character isn't very normal :D

Neravarine and all that :D

• 11 years later...

Heres a question for Bethesda.

Why do all the bows i use always fire to the right of where i aim?

I swear i'm not an idiot or a newbie, this actually happens every time i fire an arrow (but not bolts, never liked crossbows). Mostly its with the Chitin Short Bow but even when i got hold of a Dardric (spelt wrong, so sue me http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif ) Longbow, it stil happened.

Is it a glitch in the game, or is it that my computer sucks and is messing it up. Any ideas? http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/huh.gif

I have that problem as well though pretty sure for me the arrow always fires to the left of the crosshair so makes it very difficult to hit anything since the crosshair isn't where the arrow fires :P