Playable companions mod

Teejo

Uh,do you realize all the companions use the same vanilla materials to create them,right? If you want to play as any of them then just change your look. Look wise,the companions use the same assets that the player uses when creating his or her character.

Have you ever player dragon age? You could have a 4 member party. You could switch between them everytime you wanted.

It might be technically feasible to temporarily match the players appearance with one of the companions. Then you make an NPC to match the players appearance and spawn it when switching character. MatchFaceGeometry and MatchRace would be useful here, something to look into for any takers.

my idea is to be able to switch between player, and companion any time. Like Dragon Age. For example: Im in a fight with 1 ranged, and one melee companion. So I would want to change to the melee and attack them in close quarters. And then I would change to the range companion and fire from a good distance.

I understand, and I like it, using what Ladez said, mixed with some moveto commands and stat copying, could be possible, tho I'm not sure how I'd make it work for mod companions.but this would be pretty neat, but you'd have to swap inventories too. Actually the swapping out wouldn't be very hard to script, but not sure how it could be implemented.

It's definitly possible, and if I can (or anyone) think of a simple way to implement it, I'd be happy to make it for you. Though it would most likely require NVSE.

would be awesome if you could level your companion seperately like is roleplaygames like final fantasy

for example i u ski9ll lockpick to 100 another science and if you need to lockpick change to the righ one , if you wanna hack change to another

Edited by tawatabak

You could TAG the skills of a companion, would be pretty awesome if you could actually utilize the level up menu and choose perks for your companions as well, though I don't know if that's possible. :/ I think I've seen a mod that let you level up your companion before, but I think they accomplished it in Message box.

Thought I'd set up some ideas here for the mod.

Copy Hotkeys - NVSE commands allow you to copy the hotkey, potentially having different set ups for each follower.

Copy Inventories - use a proxy container and removeallitems to swap out inventories. Use getequipped to copy over the armor that's currently being worn.

Copy skills/specials - self explanatory

Copy player - Do all the above for a proxy NPC, have an MCM option that lets you modify the Player Replacments combat style and ai packages, to allow the player to customize how the PC acts when control is off.

Figure out a way to deal with perks, since the players perks would be transferred when control shifted. Not quite sure how to accomplish this either, other then having a script that checked for each perk, which would be pretty incompatable.

Potential functionality ideas:

Use GetNextRef to check for NPCs on hotkey press, then check if they are followers, if they are, use the appropriate commands to swap places. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it, not sure how exactly GetNextRef gets its next ref :/

I am NOT sure of how we could go about swapping control, I mean obviously a hotkey, but I'm not sure what code to run after that to figure out which companion to use.

Anyways, let me know if you guys can think of any other ideas for what should occur during the swap.

Edited by senterpat