Two Questions, please?

GBHis

____ 1

Is it possible to create tunnels in Oblivion?

Example:

Bob takes a walk. Bob finds a hill. Bob climbs the hill. As Bob pulls a lever, a trap door disappears. (script disables it.) Underneath the trapdoor there is a hole. Bob falls down and drowns.

EOL (End Of Life)

--===} Possible Mages Guild Spoiler {===--

In Henathiers dreamworld, in the Test Of Courage (I think) the player falls down in the water. But not from the original cell. Is it possible to do this from a Tamriel cell without loading screens? Nobody would actually trigger a trap by activating it, like "Jump down Drowning-Hole."

If yes, how do I do it?

--==={ End of Spoiler }===--

____ 2

How do I make the script determine which item it is attached to?

Example:

I want to replace my service as I pick it up.

If I pick up a wooden fork, I want it replaced with a silver fork.

If I pick up a pewter knife, I want a silver knife.

If I pick up a wooden spoon, I want to replace it with a silver spoon.

All by using the same script:

Scriptname ReplaceService

Begin OnActivate

..If (GetSelf == "wooden fork") then

....player.additem 12345678

....player.removeitem 87654321

..else

....if (Getself=="pewter knife) then

......player.additem 13579135

......player.removeitem 13579135

....else

......player.additem 24680246

......player.removeitem 64208642

....end if

..end if

End

End

First, you can't script anything like that without a loading screen. There is a static item that would make something like a hole look black when you look into it, and an activator could be used so that when the player gets close, they get moved to an interior that acts as the other side of that hole. I believe this is what you want, but would still have the loading screen, and may be rather difficult to make look right in game.

Second, getting the reference of any thing that isn't persistant (buildings, NPCs, containers) only works if that script is running on that item, meaning that you'd have to manually attach the script to those items that you wanted replaced. For that, your script is close, but you are removing it from their inventory without it being added normally. You might be able to attach it to a spell instead of the item, but only scripteffect type blocks seem to work. Trying to get the reference for the items any other way usually ends up being a total pain in the ass, especially since these are non-persistant references, so their hex values are always changing. As I can't tell what you're trying to accomplish with your script, this is all I can say.

Archived