Programing What a Joke

How about scrounging up a Commodore 64, or getting one of the C64 emulators?

You probably won't be able to hack binary into it, but you can definitely do basic and assembler.

Entering binary code is only really feasible on extremely ancient mainframes where they used hole punch cards.

If you want even older there are lots of emulators out there. It's infinitely easier booting one of those up than messing around with the actual dusty hardware, including dated connection standards, lack of floppies, etc.

A text editor is what is usually used to write the program. It usually dosn't matter which one you use as long as it can output in plain ASCII text. Then, you need the language program - such as basic, pascal, Fortran, COBOL, C, C++ or another to run the program. Some need to be compiled - while others, such as basic are not compiled but used as they are written (interpreted). But you still need the language installed to run them.

The easiest to work with is basic, and there are some free versions available that will work with windows.

There is a small programming language that does come built in that I forgot about. It's the batch programming that has been included with every version of msdos & windows since the beginning.

All it needs is a text editor to work, and notepad works well for it.

Just use notepad to write the program, Save it with the .bat extension and then click on it to run it. It is actually very versatile and I have done a lot using the batch programs.

Here is a site that tells you how to write batch files: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/batchfiles.php

A text editor is what is usually used to write the program. It usually dosn't matter which one you use as long as it can output in plain ASCII text. Then, you need the language program - such as basic, pascal, Fortran, COBOL, C, C++ or another to run the program. Some need to be compiled - while others, such as basic are not compiled but used as they are written (interpreted). But you still need the language installed to run them.

The easiest to work with is basic, and there are some free versions available that will work with windows.

There is a small programming language that does come built in that I forgot about. It's the batch programming that has been included with every version of msdos & windows since the beginning.

All it needs is a text editor to work, and notepad works well for it.

Just use notepad to write the program, Save it with the .bat extension and then click on it to run it. It is actually very versatile and I have done a lot using the batch programs.

Here is a site that tells you how to write batch files: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/batchfiles.php

lol, if what all y'all told me doesn't confuse me, then I don't have to go find tandy 1000 system floppys anymore.