Amimating Door

mccrab

I created a simple display case and I wanted to create a similar door for it as Vanilla display cases have. In Blender both the door and collision mesh moved. I exported the case and the open and close animations and it looks good in Nifskope except that the collision mesh doesn't move with the door. I found a tutorial in construction set wiki that said that I have to change certain values for the collision mesh to move. I changed them but it still doesn't animate.

Are there any tutorials for creating animated doors or something else that works.

I've made lots of door models in 3ds Max but I don't have the slightest idea how to animate them there let alone animate the collision. I would try importing the animation blocks (not the key frame data) from one of the vanilla display cases, that always works for me. Or you could import your models into the vanilla ones as nishapedata, I don't know how well that works though.

Yes I set it to OL_ANIM_STATIC and it is not working. It only changes the collision model from red to blue. I saw a guide that said that bhkRigidBody has to be set to bhkRigidBodyT and Motion system to MO_SYS_KEYFRAMED and motion queality to MO_QUAL_KEYFRAMED. It's still not working.

I'm hoping for a fast solution as my weekend holiday from army ends on Sunday and I can't use my laptop there.

Hm, I knew someone that knows that but he's not around at the moment. You could try at bethsoft if none could answer it here.

Best is there to provide a link to the nif there as well, as they'd be able to help you more quickly.