Need help with the geck

7Lachlan7

ok so every time I put a gun into a foot locker it doesn't seem to be in there in the game and the foot locker only went into my game once and know it wont so im confused if anyone has a link to a video about it or if anyone can give me a some detailed instructions on how to put mod weapons I have downloaded into a box locker etc, any info would be helpful and any questions please ask

also do I have to have my steam games in a another hard drive which would be basically for just games

• 3 weeks later...

Also check if the gun you're adding to the footlocker is set as playable (otherwise you won't see it). If I remember correctly, Windows 8 had some problems with saving changes, unless you launch as admin (not sure, but Win8 has that problem with a good portion of everything, so it's worth a try).

What really got me curious though is you asking how to put weapons from mods you have downloaded into lockers. Because most weapon mods are already placed in game somewhere by their author. Still, if you want an explanation on how to do this:

1. Download the desired weapon mod. Extract the files from the archive into your Data folder. This is to say the meshes, textures and possibly sound folders and the .esp file (and anything else in the same folder with them) is supposed to go directly into the Data folder.
  2. Open up the GECK (if you're using Win8, do try to open it as admin), open the .esp file (select it as 'active'). Wait for it to load.
  3. Open the weapon you want (found in Items->Weapon). Make sure the 'Playable' box in the 'Flags' section is checked. Also, if you want, you can check where in the game world this weapon can be found by right-clicking the weapon and selecting use info - it'll show you any NPCs that use it, containers or cells that contain it or scripts that mention it.
  4. Open a regular empty footlocker (found under WorldObjects->Container under the ID Footlocker01Empty). Change the ID to something else (like MyFootlockerWithModGun) that is not already in use by another object. Click 'OK' and then 'Yes' when it asks you if you want to create a new form.
  5. Open the newly created footlocker (the one with the new ID). Then go back to weapons, find the weapon you want and drag it from the Object Window into the white section labeled 'Item List' on the Container window. Click 'OK'.
  6. Open up the location you want to put it in by double clicking in on the Cell View window. It should be visible in the Render Window now. Go back to containers, find the new container you made and drag it into the Render Window. Then use your mouse to position it properly in the cell.
  7. Hit the save button in the upper left corner of the screen. Do not save mods while they are loaded in game while the game is running. It won't work.
  8. Close GECK. Download FOMM. Open it, select Fallout New Vegas, find the mod you are interested in and check the button next to it. Start the game.

Although I take this opportunity to remind you that in most cases there's absolutely no need for that because modders do usually put their weapons in the game somewhere. Also try not to add the item into an already existing locker, unless you're sure you know what you're doing. If you don't you might end up with a hundred or so guns spread around the wastes in random lockers.

Edited by kkk122