Fps Boost

Beefyh

Whenever message boxes pop up, It is very laggy for me to try to click anything. However, when I level up, a message box pops up, but I instead get 65 - 70 FPS. Same with hitting escape and getting a menu and my inventory. It gets yellow tinged and then goes faster. What is different? Does it not run any AI or scripts or anything at all except for that message box?

Edit: oops. I forgot the main reason :P

Can someone make or inform me on how to make every messagebox this way? Or would it cause many CTD's and not be worth it?

You're in the wrong section mate.

One of your mods is messing with your scripts - so, I suggest you post in Mod Troubleshooting.

If you have any mods that enhance your messageboxes (menu mods shouldn't cause this, but you never know) I suggest you turn them of and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, posting your LO will help probably.

You're in the wrong section mate.

One of your mods is messing with your scripts - so, I suggest you post in Mod Troubleshooting.

If you have any mods that enhance your messageboxes (menu mods shouldn't cause this, but you never know) I suggest you turn them of and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, posting your LO will help probably.

Naw, I wanted to see if someone could make something that could fix this. I suppose if it can't be done then it can't be done. Inventory is in the middle of the game so I don't think it would mess up anything. I wonder if when a messagebox pops up the escape menu could come before it? I'm probably going in circles.

This is in vanilla Oblivion btw.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Vanilla oblivion... Tried the patches yet?

Both unofficial patch & official patch might fix this, I'd give them a try.

However, I think your computer simply can't handle the scripts attached to your menu's...

Vanilla Modified :). Official and unofficial are just included in my vanilla status.

But yea, I have a slow PC. However, bringing up the menus that run fast run just fine, and was thinking if there was a way to pause all scripts that aren't needed or whatever the inventory/escape menu does.

It probably isn't worth it. :/

If its your inventory, you might try cleaning it - buy a house and store your stuff there. It isnt recommended to have a load of items in your inventory, since each time you open it (or a container for that matter) oblivion calculates every item in there