Custom Race - BodyReplacer only for my character.

kedor_18

My first problem was to create custom race so my character will use unique body replacer or tattoos.. I got it working (used GECK and stuff). But i have one little problem. All the npcs are using Type3 body, and my char is using Skinny Body Replacer (click for f3nexus). I want my character to be dark skinned, but the head/face no way fit to the body colour.. Is there way to change body colour? In GECK maybe?

Also how to add "Gloss" effect to face/head?

Like here(click) or here(click)

My first problem was to create custom race so my character will use unique body replacer or tattoos.. I got it working (used GECK and stuff). But i have one little problem. All the npcs are using Type3 body, and my char is using Skinny Body Replacer (click for f3nexus). I want my character to be dark skinned, but the head/face no way fit to the body colour.. Is there way to change body colour? In GECK maybe?

You can try to run FO3 Edit in Master Update mode. This usually works for me to get the skin colors a better match.

Here are the links to the Nexus files.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=637 F03 Edit

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8629 F03 Edit Manual

Search for the section titled Master Update in the Manual. This program is also great to find and resolve conflicts between different mods.

To get the face to use the "Gloss" effect, you have to use the correct head mesh. You can edit it yourself with Nifskope, like explained here by Divinex: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10394

Or just use his mesh...

You will always have a discrepancy in color between head and body. The best you can hope for is to minimize that. You should always use head textures that come with the body textures. Some makeup textures change the color of the skin too much. If all else fails, get a face surgery in game and edit the tone yourself so that it comes close.

By the way, remember to make a "younger" version that points back at your replaced race, or else you will run into problems during the "tranquility lane" quest. Not sure if you also need an "older" version, but i made one anyway for my replacer...

That is all very easily done via FO3Edit. Actually never used GECK myself ;)