What Classic PC game do you miss?

Azrael12078

I've only tried to play HW2 on my Win7 (64-bit) and I couldn't get it to work well. It basically CTDs everytime I try to get into the main menu.

I tried all the compatibility modes and such without success. But I still encourage you to try because I don't know if the game just doesn't like my 64-bit Windows...

• 4 weeks later...

Homeworld yes that i miss too i still have it but can't bother to play, it is an old game in the meantime and the gameplay made it good, but the graphics were cool too but not anymore today.

Starsiege i can hardly remember that, that was with mechs right.

I miss a game that broke such bounderies like halflife, unreal, fear, drakan and bloodrayne..

I just played oblivion i like that a lot, now what i'm bored??

Where is Worms 5!!!!!!! Best game i ever played : Worms 4 mayhem.

I

i just thought i would chime in about HW. i couldnt get either one to run on 7 x64, im cant remember if i tried as hard as i could though lol.

i guess this is an obvious one to mention, but after looking at some of the stuff that was posted of the Black Mesa Source Half-life thing, it looks good. while it has been a while since they started on it, i did see a post by one of the devs that their internal release date is on track lol.

ill have to post when i think of some more games

Homeworld + Cataclysm will run with Kompatibilitymode for Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) on Win7 (32-Bit)

For non-standard resolutions you have to edit the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Sierra On-Line/Homeworld OR Cataclysm

Right click on screenHeight ---> Modify and MAKE SURE you set the 'Base' to Decimal then enter the desired screen height e.g. 1080

Right click on screenWidth ---> Modify and MAKE SURE you set the 'Base' to Decimal then enter the desired screen height e.g. 1920

Set desired colour depth e.g. 16 or 32 bit (you can't change this in game)

If you have a flickering menu screen type in /triple for Homeworld or -triple for Cataclysm in the respective games shortcut.

I miss Starsiege as well. whenever I try to install it I get an error box labeled "Severe" And the error is "Setup detected less than Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0. Please make sure that is installed before running Starsiege" & clicking "OK" or the X just kills the installerbefore it installs the game

this is on Win 7 home premium 64bit

Any tips?

tip Install vmware, then the os the games was ment to run on, run the vm, os , set vm so that it can share files with root, aka windows 7 in your case, copy the iso into the vm, install iso magic and it's companion disc magic, mount the iso and install it. all this inside an envionment the game cannot see windows 7, just what is there, have fun!

sorry for the spelling, In a hurry.