What Classic PC game do you miss?

Azrael12078

Oh, what classic games do I miss. That's a mouthful. I remember playing more adventure games in my youth than I did action, rpg or platform-oriented combined. The ones I remember clearly are the Leisure Suit Larry games, Space Quest, Kings Quest, The Legend of Kyrandia, Monkey Island, Zork, The Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Simon the Sorcerer, Discworld ... etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. The list goes on. That's just the top of my head. There were plenty of other games as well, but adventure games ruled most of my young-teen to late-teen years. Which I guess is pretty inclusive since I'm not that worse for wear yet. Still, I remember the Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem era as much as the next bloke. I remember playing the Commandos games a whole lot, because they presented sort of a Lost Vikings gameplay. Speaking of which, in my early becoming of a teen years I must have played so much NES and SNES it was almost surreal. Chrono Trigger? Yep. Final Fantasy? Yep. Secret of Mana? Yep. And a whole lot of games which I will surely remember if I see them, but whose names escape me at present.

As for the remake aspect of these games, I'm not sure all of them should be remade. I would want for some of them to be remade, as even a remake would blow most modern games out of the water and would probably look amazing. But a lot of them I just want to be made more easily attainable, which many has been made for the Wii. There are emulators of course, but most of them don't support the one game to the other. The SCUMM emulator for instance only supports LucasArts based games. Not remaking them or rebooting them, but making them available as Abandonware products would be brilliant. 64-bit system compatible too, obviously. :whistling:

Would love to see Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight remade. The Kyle Katarn legacy still stands in my book as the absolute best Star Wars gaming series ever made, even over the likes of KotOR and Force Unleashed. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were fine games, too, but they run and look good enough to not need remakes. :P

Need to get Crimson Skies running again. Had some fine dogfighting, it did, but it seems to hate WinXP.

Looks like someone above this post knows what MW is supposed to stand for- MechWarrior! MW4:Mercs was epic- my two squads versus the Steiner hordes, turning a snow-covered mountainside black with charred debris.... Good times, good times...

Only other classic I miss is a Game Boy game- Pokemon Silver. Gave it to a friend when Sapphire came out for GBA, and haven't seen another copy since. -.-

Edited by DJZephyr