Witch Hunt... Opinions?

Thandal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall reading that the DR was not canon.

I don't think there's suppose to be a universal canon, but that the games will react to particular player choices, like Awakening reflecting who was chosen to be King or Queen, or the unfortunate reality that the Magi boon doesn't happen because David Gaider said the Chantry refused to allow the Circle of Magi to be independent. DA2 is supposed to be able to read the game file from DA:O and the DLCs (I'd guess the dark ritual will play a big role if the Warden-Commander did it, given what Morrigan said at the end of Witch Hunt). Otherwise, it's a generic outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

(Just saw a wonderful post over on the BioWare Social:)

==============================================

jojimbo wrote...

The Witch Hunt demo was pretty cool, can't wait for the full version.

==============================================

:whistling:

I haven't played it, but watched a bit of a walkthrough in Youtube, and I'll honestly say I wasn't very excited about it.

I think this DLC isn't for everyone. I myself, don't like Morrigan, at all. She's annoying and she disapproves everything I do. So, why would I want to find her then? There were options like "I want to kill her.", I don't want to do that. "I want my baby back", well, actually I don't.

That leaves me no reason to run after her, so instead I'll just respect Morrigan's wishes and don't come after her by not buying the DLC.

@Amoramor; I would say you're making the right call. WH is all about "resolving" the Warden's relationship with Morrigan. And as you say, "you don't care..." Why spend money for something you don't care about?

Besides the couple of bonus items, there are a few tidbits of additional lore and "hints" regarding DA2 sprinkled along the way, but nothing that one would miss if one didn't play it.

About those "bonus" items... [rant]You would think that Bioware could at least give us a new armor/weapon mesh to go along with the (garbage) item since we have seen nothing new out of them since Warden's Keep and RtO. My amateurish fiddling with the toolset and the stock meshes yields better items accidentally than what they have put out on purpose (at least as far as the last 4 or 5 DLC's are concerned.) I guess the concept of "Value Added" hasn't entered into their vocabularies. Sure the stories are cool and we get some resolution and closure but what they are calling a bonus item is an insult to one's intelligence and sensibilities.[/rant]

Morrigan maybe a Witch but she is also a... As far as Witch Hunt. Ending sucked... Battles and storyline were decent. Didn;t like the new mystery about...

How Fereldon and all of Thadas is going to change

I hate cliffhamgers. Especially when I here DA:2 does not pick up any of the same characters or storyline. Overall I enjoyed it, though.

... As far as Witch Hunt. Ending sucked...

How so? Not disputing, just curious. My impression was that one had the opportuinity to achieve just about any ending one wanted. But perhaps you mean that the particular way they chose to represent your preferred ending wasn't particularly satisfying for you...?