Can't place NPCs

82dsoldier

I'm attempting to add some robots to a mod that I'm creating and having trouble with it. I find the generic protectron and drag it into my editor window and nothing appears. The cell view shows that the object has been placed, but I can't see it and can't click on it. I've tried it with several different creatures (robots, animals, etc) and get the same result no matter what I use. Is there something I'm missing?

It's possible that they're being placed below the ground plane. If you double-click on them in the 'Cell View' list, the render window camera will automatically center on them. It's also possible that the Render Window is not updating for some reason. Pressing the F5 key will force the Render Window to refresh.

Wish it were that easy. The NPC shows up in the cell view and when I double-click on it, it takes me to something, but whatever it is, I can't see it and can't select it. I did try the F5 refresh, but it didn't seem to make any difference. It's not just my cell either. I tried dropping a new NPC beside Megaton and got the same thing.