Companion mods not working

qarmatia

Greetings,

I've recently installed New Vegas and am playing through it for the fist time. One thing that seems to be the case (at least with me) is that unlike Skyrim, I'm finding it much more difficult to get mods working for the game. The Fallout character overall would ctd upon launch and I still haven't quite figured out what the problem may have been. Though I managed to get NMCs texture pack working so there's something.

What's really bugging me is the companion mods. I tried installing the Vanessa mod, and while it seemed to install correctly she was nowhere to be found in game. Similarly, I tried out Tess with similar results. I'm wondering whether there's something I'm overlooking. I'm using NMM for the mentioned mods, installing them as I'd usually do with Skyrim. Not sure what the issue could be.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings,

I've recently installed New Vegas and am playing through it for the fist time. One thing that seems to be the case (at least with me) is that unlike Skyrim, I'm finding it much more difficult to get mods working for the game. The Fallout character overall would ctd upon launch and I still haven't quite figured out what the problem may have been. Though I managed to get NMCs texture pack working so there's something.

What's really bugging me is the companion mods. I tried installing the Vanessa mod, and while it seemed to install correctly she was nowhere to be found in game. Similarly, I tried out Tess with similar results. I'm wondering whether there's something I'm overlooking. I'm using NMM for the mentioned mods, installing them as I'd usually do with Skyrim. Not sure what the issue could be.

Any help is appreciated.

Fallout is harder to modifcate, that's true.

Skyrim is damn easy to modificate (For Skyrim, I would use ModOrganizer).

The most difficult game I ever modificate was Oblivion.

At FO, there's a good tutorial from Gopher.

Further to, did u look after with mods are required at every mod and how to install it correctly?

Edited by Biervampir

Greetings,

Any help is appreciated.

Further to, did u look after with mods are required at every mod and how to install it correctly?

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, the companion mods mentioned above I'm trying to get to work supposedly don't require any existing mods (unless I've missed something obvious).

I'm wondering whether there could be a problem with permissions. I've installed Fallout on Program Files (x86) and NMM did warn me about moving the folder to avoid problems. I've just opted to run as administrator rather than move the folder. I don't know whether that would cause problems.

Can't think of where I've gone wrong.

Greetings,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, the companion mods mentioned above I'm trying to get to work supposedly don't require any existing mods (unless I've missed something obvious).

I'm wondering whether there could be a problem with permissions. I've installed Fallout on Program Files (x86) and NMM did warn me about moving the folder to avoid problems. I've just opted to run as administrator rather than move the folder. I don't know whether that would cause problems.

Which tools do you use to mod your game?

If u run NexusMM and it's installed in Program Files (x86), you have to run it in Admin mod, but that should be the only problem

Edited by Biervampir

Greetings,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

Which tools do you use to mod your game?

If u run NexusMM and it's installed in Program Files (x86), you have to run it in Admin mod, but that should be the only problem

Indeed, I already run as administration to get NMM open. The mods just don't seem to work though :sad:. Should I try mod organizer instead?

Edited by qarmatia

Personally, i don't use MO, cause it's hard to install mods for FO NV.

I would recommend to you, Wrye Bash/Flash and BOSS/LooT.

Wrye Bash helps u with compability, and save u some space for more mods, if it's needed (max 150 Mods).

BOSS or LooT are "correcting" your loadorder.

I already use BOSS. Though I only have two Mods installed, so I'm not sure how much of a problem load order is in this case. I'll try Wrye bash and see if it helps.

Though I only have two Mods installed,...

Only 2, So you are using FCO and the Companion mod?

Did u read the read-me?

Perhaps u need other mods to get them work? NVSE for example?

Further to, do you know how to install FCO?

Edited by Biervampir

Though I only have two Mods installed,...

Only 2, So you are using FCO and the Companion mod?

Did u read the read-me?

Perhaps u need other mods to get them work? NVSE for example?

Further to, do you know how to install FCO?

The only two mods I currently have installed are NMCs texture pack and Vanessa (which doesn't appear to be working). I tried installing FCO but it crashed to desktop every time I tried to run the game so I disabled it. I've read the read-me and it doesn't mention needing NVSE to run. Will I install it anyway? I tried some other companion mods (Type 3 companion Tess) to see if there was a problem. Couldn't get it working either.

Edited by qarmatia