[RELEASE) Nehrim - At Fate's Edge (English version)

Arandor

Aherm. I am sure that Nehrim is great, really...if you can get it to work. I have the weirdest bug you have ever seen. Game loads, but when I get to the main menu with Continue/Start new Game, etc, etc, my mouse cursor is a white square of about 1cm. I am unable to clicky anything and have to kill the process with Windows Task Manager. I have to say that the mouse is absolutely fine with any other game, and it's a good one, a Logitech G5. I posted the bug on the moddb site and got the following response;-

"Not a bug. You just have to read the Readme. Activate the data files within the Nehrim launcher: Nehrim.esm, NehrimData.esp and NehrimEnglish.esp "

Err...yeeees. I am an experienced beta tester. I already know all of that, I have read the readme and I have activated the plugins. Anyone any ideas?

I've had that was with some programs/games once. The first because I added a (non-steam) game to steam to easily launch from there, for some reason the cursor disappeared behind a black box.. Another solution with a similar problem (not steam, but black box again) was to disable the visual themes in vista/7 (by Rclick, properties,compatibility). Also check if the program is blocked off, I've had that with the german version. that's also at the exe-properties (vista/7).

After playing this mod for a while, I got pretty bored...BUT do not TAKE MY OPINION SERIOUSLY because I really dislike Morrowind because no fast traveling...Nehrim is a bit like Morrowind where you have to walk a lot...I get bored real easily...So yeah, but if your like me, try it out still...cause this mod is AMAZING.

I've had that was with some programs/games once. The first because I added a (non-steam) game to steam to easily launch from there, for some reason the cursor disappeared behind a black box.. Another solution with a similar problem (not steam, but black box again) was to disable the visual themes in vista/7 (by Rclick, properties,compatibility). Also check if the program is blocked off, I've had that with the german version. that's also at the exe-properties (vista/7).

Hmm I had that problem...all you need to do is deactivate everything except those 2 esp and esm that have Nehrim name on it (but u already tried that...uh..)....You did check off the option for make a new folder just for Nehrim right? Maybe try reinstalling it?

Nehrim mod seems really good.I tried to convert it to oblivion and I manage to.I did a door in testinghall that took me to Nehrim but I had lot of trouble XD I had to delete the start dungeon in order to use oblivion character and save.I gave up on converting it cause it had 2 bugs one was missing LOD and other was spell sounds when I equiped the sword but I manage to walk around the Nehrim world and the quests were playable.People say to me it´´s impossible to play oblivion with nehrim it´s a different game X) yes it is but it´s made with oblivion CS and meshes so it´s possible to make it an oblivion expansion mod wich in my oppinion would be much much better.Anyway even though I don´t play Nehrim I must say that what the images show seems really beautifull there is lot of details in the landscape and caves just wish I could play it with oblivion.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i've been trying this out, was kinda impressed at first... then started working of the "Daring the Sortie" quest where Capt. Dratis follows you everywhere you go, well i go to Mahrnitz to finish another quest 'cause it was along the way and i wanted to get it done. Well, i got near Mahrnitz and poor Capt. Dratis' brain broke... he wont follow me anymore to finish the "Daring the Sortie" quest... any1 have any ideas? I've already saved, so going back is out of the question and i dont want to restart a new toon... (also going to the Nehrim forums is a no go, i tried the translator thing, and i cant reg there, i dont understand the language, the translator wont work on the reg info page for some weird reason)

nvm... i found the solution... wasnt a problem at all, just a very cleaver quest on SureAI's part... very cleaver indeed!

• 2 years later...
I'm having a problem, I definitely downloaded the English version but for some reason it's still all in German. It has English subtitles in the cut-scenes but that's it. I realise there isn't meant to be any English voice acting, but all the menus, story lines and non-spoken NPC phrases are in German. I can't get very far because I don't know what options to choose. Is the English version supposed to be like this?