I screwed up good and proper (I need help)

etherdose

Ok..

Here's what happened. Like many, I like to use some mods.. I have most of the official mods, the island cottage mod, etc...but I dont use money making mods or mad cheat mods. I am using the mod to enable you to sell quest items,,,,(I bet you know where this is going....)

While on the "get the arrow from the evil wizard" thieves guild quest, I came to a stump. I got as far as the door after the mages. I killed everything from the Mudcrabs to the Giant Slaughterfish in the deep underwater ravine...(that was a neat part of the game, by the way...thank god for that ring I got from a previous 'go fish' quest.)

So, I am at this door, when I realize I don't have the key for it...at all. Since I was a void portal spell to teleport to a netherworld...and stash my goods, I end up with GIANT lists of crap to sell. I also get rid of keys that I have *coughs* used already.

I think on one of my "leave the cave and go sell everything" trips, I must have gotten rid of the proper key to open this door. *hits head repeatedly* I played this game for weeks, and my chick is already the head of the assasin's guild. I was trying to go up in the thieves guild as well.

Question: I know there is a way to create objects in game via the "~" key, (then text.) I have seen others post the hex code for various important keys in the game. Does anyone know A: the name of the proper key?? and B: (hopefully this) the hex code ?? so I can create another key and finish the game? The damned wizard never comes back out to his bedroom..(as I figured maybe I missed the key entirely and he has it on him..)

Anyone know????

thanks!

Ok..

Here's what happened. Like many, I like to use some mods.. I have most of the official mods, the island cottage mod, etc...but I dont use money making mods or mad cheat mods. I am using the mod to enable you to sell quest items,,,,(I bet you know where this is going....)

While on the "get the arrow from the evil wizard" thieves guild quest, I came to a stump. I got as far as the door after the mages. I killed everything from the Mudcrabs to the Giant Slaughterfish in the deep underwater ravine...(that was a neat part of the game, by the way...thank god for that ring I got from a previous 'go fish' quest.)

So, I am at this door, when I realize I don't have the key for it...at all. Since I was a void portal spell to teleport to a netherworld...and stash my goods, I end up with GIANT lists of crap to sell. I also get rid of keys that I have *coughs* used already.

I think on one of my "leave the cave and go sell everything" trips, I must have gotten rid of the proper key to open this door. *hits head repeatedly* I played this game for weeks, and my chick is already the head of the assasin's guild. I was trying to go up in the thieves guild as well.

Question: I know there is a way to create objects in game via the "~" key, (then text.) I have seen others post the hex code for various important keys in the game. Does anyone know A: the name of the proper key?? and B: (hopefully this) the hex code ?? so I can create another key and finish the game? The damned wizard never comes back out to his bedroom..(as I figured maybe I missed the key entirely and he has it on him..)

Anyone know????

thanks!

Ok, since this isn't in the spoilers section:

SPOILERS AHEAD! BE WARNED!

There're two ways to go about this:

1) Go in the guy's chambers in the private quartars. Look at all the pillars against the wall, and activate the activatable one. The door should open.

However, I've encountered problems with that way, so:

2) Pickpocket the guy of his key. I think it's called Fatis Aren's Tower Key or something. That will unlock the door.

Of course, if you don't like cheating, the pillar didn't open that wall, or you suck %&$! at pick pocketing, you'll have to compromise with the unlock command in the console (press ~, click on the door, type unlock, press enter).

Firstly, there is more than one way into the tower. You don't need his key to get in. Explore more carefully. (Particularly half way down the ravine where you found the slaughterfish.) AFAIK you can't have the key at this point so you can't have lost it.

If you are absolutely sure you have been everywhere, which I doubt, you can unlock any door that needs a key with the console command unlock. Open the console, hit the door with the mouse so its ID appears top centre screen and simply type 'unlock'.

Moving to spoilers.

Archived