Item Detector

Nuke11

Howdy everyone,

I looked to see if there are any mod idea out there that was similar to what I'm looking for, but I don't think it exists. As an OCD Fallout 3 player, I like to collect everything. With that in mind I says to myself, wouldn't it be nice if there were a way to detect generic items or containers nearby through some sort of added ability? And thus I have this request, the functional requirements are as follows:

1. The mod should be simple; this is clearly more of a god ability than anything else, so it doesn't need any whiz-bang item to gift the player with the ability.

2. The mod should consist of a simple actor effect, something available from the start (i.e., no need for lore friendliness, again simple).

3. The mod should be button activated, detect items nearby within some radius, and display a report to the character of how many items and containers are within the radius.

4. Preferably, if the fact that a container has already been emptied is a detectable trait, the number of full containers should be reported.

Now I am somewhat familiar with the GECK and scripting, but obviously not enough that I could do this on my own. That said if someone could even just push me in the write direction as far as script commands, I might even be able to accomplish this myself. The problem is, I am unsure if there is a possible functionality of this sort with the scripts available. Does anyone know of scripts that can number items or detect nearby containers?

Any help at all would be most sincerely appreciated.

Nuke11

Concidentially, I'm going to release something that might be of interest to you within the next few days, maybe even tomorrow. It's just about done in fact, I'm basically just making the final checks and I still need to type the documentation.

It goes beyond what you're asking for and actually automatically grabs everything around, but it's kinda long to describe in a few sentences so I'll just try to tell you when I release it instead.