Fallout 3, Fose and the uncut thing

daninatorssc

Greetings to all of You,

I'm from Germany and unfortunately We have to play the game cut. So I searched after an uncut patch, found one and he works. Installed a few mods, new textures here, new weather there, and oh whats that? FOSE not working?
Well, yes. If I try to start the fose loader (as admin or not, it doesn't play a role) the following message apears wildly on my screen:

"launching: Fallout3.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe)
crc = 946BBEE3
You have an unknown version of Fallout. Please check http://fose.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of FOSE, then send an email to the contact addresses listed in fose_readme.txt if this version is not supported in the latest release. (CRC = 946BBEE3)
checksum not found"

So what to do now? There are so good mods out there, but many of them require fose in order to work, and I don't want to miss them. But I also want the game uncut...
My current version of F3 is "1.7.0.3", its the normal game without any dlc's.

Sincerly: Daniel :)

C'mon has really nobody a solution or a workaround? Would the GOTY Version of this game fix this?

No one wants to answer a question for something the violates the countries laws, doing so is wrong and we do not want to do things wrong.

simply engaging in the discussion of this type is risky.

understand? Germany has the no Gore version, it's listed on the Fose teams web site. we can not help you do something Illegal.

You now understand?

Kitty.

• 8 months later...

Uhm i don't know if still somebody can use this but i just now found myself standing before the exact same problem.

And no, the problem is not that necessarily that we want to use 'illegally' uncut patches, rather that the german no gore version (and i have the goty edition btw) is somehow and somehow not supported. :D
And that's because the german version has 2 fallout3.exe's in its dir. So just delete Fallout3.exe (or back it up), take your Fallout3ng.exe and rename it to Fallout3.exe again and FOSE should now work just fine.

Happy scavenging!

See I am from Germany and I have the same problem with Fallout 3. I have played lots of Fallout NV and uncut patched it. Then I started modding my game. When certain mods required FOSE I installed it... and it worked. So I wonder why it doesnt work for Fallout 3.

On the FOSE side it says:

" FOSE v1.2 beta2 provides support for:

Retail DVD and Steam builds 1.0.0.15, 1.1.0.35, both versions of 1.4.0.6, 1.5.0.22, 1.6.0.3 and 1.7.0.3. The no-gore version of 1.7.0.3 released in Germany is also supported." It clearly says it supports the German no-gore version. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i patched it Uncut but it worked fine with NV. btw I tried v1.2 and v.1.2 for NV v1.3 was fine.

I wonder if Daniel and the overs got it working because I cant :sad:

Uhm the Fallout3.exe (at least if u have the steam version) doesnt get patched. Only the Fallout3ng.exe gets patched and FOSE always starts over the name Fallout3.exe thats why renaming the ng.exe should help, have you tried yet?
If this doesnt work, post your file version of both .exe's which you should find under properties/details/ or sth like that.