ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Conflicting mods RH_Ironsights, 20thCW, Arsenal

zedundead

Hello all,

Thought maybe I could get some help from some of you knowledgeable folks. It seems I'm not too competent when it comes to my FOMM load order. The ironsights mod was working correctly with the 20thCW mod until I added Arsenal to the mix.

Please give me some pointers on what to switch around. Thanks :)

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

CALIBR.esm

xCALIBR.esm

20th Century Weapons.esm

ARSENAL MOD.esm

RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm

VATSCINEMATICSGONE.esm

SShop.esm

norepairneededv2.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

Fellout-Zeta.esp

norepairneeded(fix).esp

norepairneeded(Pitt).esp

RH_IronSights_Vanilla_NewWeapons.esp

RH_IronSights_Pitt_NewRifleSights.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_AnchoragePlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_ZetaPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_BrokenSteelPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp

RH_IronSights_PL_HatAndShotgun.esp

RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp

RH_Ironsights_EM2.esp

Realistic Death Physics.esp

DK_BulletTime.esp

SniperZooming.esp

ColtM4Carbines_RHIronSights.esp

ARSENAL MOD.esp

SShopItems.esp

SteinerCombatGear.esp

Bornagain BOS.esp

ModernWarfare.esp

HZ_RPK.esp

Sword.esp

Colossus Tesla Armor.esp

Colossus Headgear.esp

ZL-ACR.esp

CALIBRxMerchant.esp

1 Ak47 Germantown Contraband.esp

complete 20th century iornsights compatability.esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Containers).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vault 101).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Raider).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Slaver).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp

xCALIBR_2CW_CP.esp

xCALIBR_2CW_CP_Sorted.esp

xCALIBRmunitions.esp

xCALIBRmunitions_FOSEnhancements.esp

xCALIBR_override_FWE5.esp

xCALIBR_override.esp

xCALIBR_override_unsorted.esp

Total active plugins: 69

Total plugins: 69

Can you elaborate on the symptoms of your problem(s)? What is happening in-game leading you to the conclusion that RH's Iron Sights isn't working correctly? From just a quick look at your load order, I can tell you that Fellout, since it is a weather mod, should go at the end of your load order and before your merged patch. I can't be 100% sure on RH's Iron Sights plugins, but I can tell you that the contents of 20th Century Weapons and RH's Iron Sights don't actually interact in a manner that could cause a conflict. If using any of the RH IS plugins that add new weapons, you need to use a merged patch (but really, you should be using a merged patch anyway.) Also, you have the xCALIBR FWE override active, but you aren't actually using FWE.

Well basically I was able to use ironsights on the 20th century weapons before I installed arsenal and now I can't. I think i might go ahead and get rid of ironsights altogether since I'm mostly playing in third person now. Unfortunately I just started adding mods to FO3 2 days ago and I don't have that firm of a grasp on it all yet. I'm going to go ahead and try to figure out how to make a merged patch. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit:

Alright I created a merged patch and did what you said heres my load order now.

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

CALIBR.esm

xCALIBR.esm

20th Century Weapons.esm

ARSENAL MOD.esm

VATSCINEMATICSGONE.esm

SShop.esm

norepairneededv2.esp

CALIBRxMerchant.esp

norepairneeded(fix).esp

norepairneeded(Pitt).esp

Realistic Death Physics.esp

DK_BulletTime.esp

SniperZooming.esp

ARSENAL MOD.esp

SShopItems.esp

SteinerCombatGear.esp

Bornagain BOS.esp

ModernWarfare.esp

HZ_RPK.esp

1 Ak47 Germantown Contraband.esp

Colossus Tesla Armor.esp

Colossus Headgear.esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Containers).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vault 101).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Raider).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Slaver).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp

xCALIBR_2CW_CP.esp

xCALIBR_2CW_CP_Sorted.esp

xCALIBRmunitions.esp

xCALIBRmunitions_FOSEnhancements.esp

xCALIBR_override.esp

xCALIBR_override_unsorted.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

Fellout-Zeta.esp

ZedsFO.esp

Total active plugins: 53

Total plugins: 53

Well basically I was able to use ironsights on the 20th century weapons before I installed arsenal and now I can't. ...

RH's Iron Sights is composed of basically two main parts. The animations, which are .kf files, and the ESM/ESPs. Just by placing the animation files into your Data directory (I think they end up somewhere under Data\Meshes\Characters\) RH's Iron Sights animations will take precedence over Fallout 3's vanilla animations unless RH's animation files get moved/overwritten/deleted. Even on weapons that are set to not use 1st person iron sights animations, you'll still probably see them change position to the center of the screen when you fire them. They'll immediately move back to the right after the attack animation finishes. There are a few exceptions to this, though (heavy weapons and weapons using the "AttackLeft" animation, I think.)

Did you try different guns out to see whether this was an isolated incident, or do RH's IS animations just flat-out not work for all 20th Century Weapons? Also, are you certain the weapon(s) you test are from 20th Century Weapons and not the Arsenal mod? I only ask because there are some duplicated or very similar weapons between the two. Finally, are you aware that "complete 20th century iornsights compatability.esp" doesn't seem to be in your load order anymore?

The ironsights animations, as you said, would display to the center of the screen when I fired them. I could not get them to stay there when right clicking which is what happened before. It does not matter much now since I've decided to delete the ironsights for now. Thank you for helping. Hoping that my load order is correct.

The ironsights animations, as you said, would display to the center of the screen when I fired them. I could not get them to stay there when right clicking which is what happened before. It does not matter much now since I've decided to delete the ironsights for now. Thank you for helping. Hoping that my load order is correct.

I don't see any glaring problems in your load order, but there are a lot of little mods I'm not familiar with in there. Usually with xCALIBR's override's, you only use one of them. Nothing will break, but in your case "xCALIBR_override_unsorted.esp" is completely overriding "xCALIBR_override.esp", so you really don't need them both. When you change your mod loadout, deactivate your current merged patch in FOMM, load your new set of mods in FO3Edit, and make a new merged patch to use.

FYI, that animation problem is easy to fix, if you're still interested. You build an override patch containing all of 20th Century Weapons' weapons, remove the "Don't use 1st person IS anims" flag from each weapon, change AttackLeft to AttackRight on the few weapons that have it, and you're pretty much done. Even for a beginner, you'd be looking at about 10 minutes of work, tops.

I think I know why it stopped working in the first place, too. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with the Arsenal mod. In your first load order, you have "complete 20th century iornsights compatability.esp", which I'm willing to bet is essentially an override patch designed as I said earlier in this post. However, after your 20th Century Weapons plugins, you have "xCALIBR_2CW_CP.esp" which I'm guessing is a patch to swap 20th Century Weapons' weapons to use xCALIBR's projectiles and ejected brass. If so, that's what is overriding the iron sights compatibility patch. If you still want RH's Iron Sights, I can give you detailed instructions to build your own override patch to get it all working again.