Alyx's outfit from Half Life 2

reyiss

I found a descent 3d model of Alyx from halflife 2 though whoever uploaded put the wrong name on it.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to take a look at it and make it for Type 3. I have actually attempted to morph it to fit the body just for myself but my 3d skills blow and I keep breaking the object.

http://www.latestdown.com/842623-3d-model-natasha.html is where I found the 3d model. I figure a 3d model is better resource than pics. But if you want a pic.

http://i36.tinypic.com/k6asy.jpg Model version

http://www.sophistgames.com/storage/alyx-vance-2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1255406788238 Actual appearance in HL2

I was thinking change the Image on the shirt to Vault-Tec

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090711161647/fallout/images/f/f7/Vault_Tec_Logo_%28clean%29.png

It was made for Oblivion a few years back. Getting permission and converting it over, IMO, would be easier than creating from scratch.

True. After looking at the HL2 version compared to the Modeled version above more closely. I actually like the model version better. I am gonna go see if I can find the original creator and get perms for someone to port it into Fallout. I know they dont care whats done with it for personal use. not so sure bout if it gets released.

The first image is the model they used for Alyx is from FakeFactory's Cinema mod. Just so anyone knows.

Thanks for the info on that I will see if I can get ahold of Juergen Vierheilig from CinematicMod.com and ask if he cares if his models are used as mods in other games (so long as proper credit is given of course). Most modders dont really care as long as they are given credit and links to final product so they can see that they are given credit.

Anyways I really like the FakeFactory version much better than the steam version. Also thanks for the info on that I might actually install HL2 and download CinematicMod 10 just because of that. I mean seriously that model actually makes Alyx sexy.

Just sent a message I hope I hear from them soon. I am in the meantime learning more about Blender/3dsMax/nifscope and the process of rigging. so that if he says yeah I can go about doing it myself. Though it will be a slow process for me to complete. being a Single Father with a Toddler up my rear 24/7 it dont leave much time for learning modelling and the other skills needed to convert the models to work.

Edited by reyiss

from Juergen Vierheilig <[email protected]>

to [email protected]

date Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:06 AM

subject Re: CM Webmail: Alyx Cinematic Model.

mailed-by madservice.de

hide details 2:06 AM (18 hours ago)

Hi BlackCipher,

I'm a little bit short of time, so i can't do this by myself. if someone is willing to port the models, he/she has my permission.

Just got time to check my e-mail

just realized I really need to consolidate my nethandles.

Yeah my time is pretty slim. Or I would be at least attempting to do so myself. GECK is pretty straight forward. Nifscope has plenty of tutorials on it. But when it comes to altering the model to fit Type3 Properly I seem to break the model every time.

I am actually working on this model as often as I have time to. But If anyone is waiting on me to release it will be a long while. I am still learning also.

First i have to get the model altered to the body.

Sliced to skeleton

parented to the skeleton

exported where nifscope will understand it.

then comes the tediousness of nifscope and making sure everything is rigged properly.

Its not all the difficult for those out there who actually have experience with it. But for a noob like myself. Each of those steps is greek. But its always fun learning.