Alyx's outfit from Half Life 2

reyiss

I picked this up and have made quite a bit of progress... but are you sure the textures are scratch and not ripped from the game? I have never played and don't know but they look pretty good.

I am pretty certain those textures are not the same ones from the game. They look 100% better than the ones used in Half Life 2.

this is what the original Alyx Vance Looks likes.

http://questtonowhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/610970-a2.jpg

Sorry for the long wait for reply I was on vacation.

Anyways after checking both images the only thing I can see that might have been only an alteration would be the jackets texturing. However even then I just ripped the textures from Half Life to compare them and they are not the same. The half Life textures are extremely blurry. I will e-mail fakefactory and see if they are custom or if they are ripped.

EDIT

Sent out an e-mail I will let you know soon as I get a response. I gave them a link to the thread so they might create a login and respond here also.

The Fakefactory model uses

The used textures are :

- Original VALVE modified (face and jacket)

- Daz3.com (Jeans and parts of the body) ; official bought

- Own

So the only one you would have to worry about revamping would be the jacket. Even though he did say it was already modified. Up to you where you go from here. Cant wait to see the final product.

I don't know jack about making textures and I'm not sure how this site feels about releasing mods with "official bought" textures either, or even what that means really. So I can fix the couple issues it has and release without textures, but that seems like it right now unless someone has a better suggestion.

I don't know jack about making textures and I'm not sure how this site feels about releasing mods with "official bought" textures either, or even what that means really. So I can fix the couple issues it has and release without textures, but that seems like it right now unless someone has a better suggestion.

release it without textures as a modders resource. I will download it and export the texture templates from nifscope and see if I can make some high quality textures for it. Unless someone from the site says its ok to use the ones that come with it. After I finish textures I will upload them so it can be put together.

thanks for all your work on it. hopefully we can get it finished soon.

TTYL

Oh and what he means by that is he bought the texture he used to make the jeans and skin from daz3d which gives him the right to use it. I may actually just go and buy the textures myself. Which would give me the right to release them as part of any project.

We will see if I can make good textures without buying them or not.