Better Cities Modularity

Ismelda

429 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use any of the separated cities/districts files?

• Yes, I prefer to use only some cities / districts.
    • No, I don't use any of them.
  2. 2. Do you use either of the Full Cities and/or the Better Imperial City?

• Absolutely, I prefer to use the merged files all the time.
    • Yes, but only one of them with some of the separated files.
    • No, I prefer to use only the separated files.
  3. 3. Would you prefer that we keep BC modular as it is?

• Yes, I like to have the choice to use only the cities/districts I prefer to use.
    • I don't mind losing modularity for the Imperial City, but I prefer the choice for the other cities.
    • I don't mind losing modularity for the other cities, but I prefer the choice for the Imperial City.
    • No, I don't mind having only the merged files.

@vorians - there are several of the "Arrive at anvil by ship" starter mods, I haven't tested them all so it might be worth a check to see which ones use which berth. I know that with one of the mods the interference between the two ships was so complex I had to tcl my way out of a bulkhead to play.

One remaining thing - could the options menu actually indicate the CURRENT status of things like wine barrels and openness of cities? It's easy to lose track, and the prompt on the screen about what has altered is, obviously, rather lagged from when you make the change.

Well I'm not going to make ALL BC Anvil ships toggleable. I have relocated the Night's Scream, replacing another BC ship outside the Anvil Bay which didn't have very good interiors, so now that space is free for any other mod using it. This won't be available to you however until v4.9.5. The rest of the BC ships will stay put (though one can be bought and sailed, so if that conflicts, buy it, sail it somewhere, then abandon it if you don't want to use it).

As for the menu giving status reports, Ismelda would have to answer that one.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One remaining thing - could the options menu actually indicate the CURRENT status of things like wine barrels and openness of cities? It's easy to lose track, and the prompt on the screen about what has altered is, obviously, rather lagged from when you make the change.

No more barrels command in 4.9.1 so that is fixed.

About he openness of the cities, once we get to the merged cities only I'll be able (probably) to show a current state of the cities (Open or Closed) and there will be merged options (toggle on/off all city walls guards and so on). For that this is just too much a hassle to handle.

I'll do a little checking on mods and ships at the weekend if I get time - then send you a list of mod and affected berth. Ideally, of course, the mods would detect better cities and disable their own ship model, but that'll probably happen a couple of weeks after the "Skiing Holidays in Hell" brochure arrives through the door.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I personally use all of Better Cities so I wouldn't care if we lost the modularity but options are always nice I suppose.

I just recently upgraded my PC, and one of the first things I did was download this mod (the full version).

Easy to setup and I must say, it is a very impressive mod.

I do think that keeping it modular as well as having the complete version is a nice feature, but if I had to choose between them, I'd vote for keeping the complete version.

Cheers.

Actually I am now using the Full Better Cities (non-modular). I have some fps troubles so a list of the essential npcs(eg. traders), etc would be very useful so I can disable some of the non essential ones. Thanks