Better Cities Modularity

Ismelda

429 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use any of the separated cities/districts files?

• Yes, I prefer to use only some cities / districts.
    • No, I don't use any of them.
  2. 2. Do you use either of the Full Cities and/or the Better Imperial City?

• Absolutely, I prefer to use the merged files all the time.
    • Yes, but only one of them with some of the separated files.
    • No, I prefer to use only the separated files.
  3. 3. Would you prefer that we keep BC modular as it is?

• Yes, I like to have the choice to use only the cities/districts I prefer to use.
    • I don't mind losing modularity for the Imperial City, but I prefer the choice for the other cities.
    • I don't mind losing modularity for the other cities, but I prefer the choice for the Imperial City.
    • No, I don't mind having only the merged files.

Well due to OBC integration, the meshes in the Tamriel worldspace will need to remain unreduced. However if VWD of objects from the child worldspaces also appears in the parent worldspace, thus duplicating every VWD building in the Tamriel worldspace (something I was unaware of), then the meshes used in the Tamriel worldspace could be unreduced duplicates of the original buildings, but with no corresponding _far mesh.

yep sorry...5 minutes after posting this I realized that you are going to integrate open better cities and so my idea will be useless for

BBC ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preference is to have the options. BUT I do realize how much work you're putting into this and how complicated it all gets and I don't actually wish to make more work for you. You have all been quite generous as it is.

Thank You

No I like the nice modularity and seperate files. Makes it easier when I'm making my own modifications to the different cities so that they will be compatible. Also I like to use just some of the BC renditions of Cyrodiil's cities (for example I didn't like how BC's Leyawiin made most of the city look like a ruined dump so I didn't use that one)

I think it's great just the way it is! :)

Is there any way to make the base mod files merged, but have the FPS patches modular? For example, my FPS is tolerable in most of the better cities, but is abysmal in the IC waterfront. If everything is merged, I'd rather not have to give up content in other cities in order to gain FPS at the one place I need it. This is the only reason I use the modular plugins, so I can use the modular FPS patches.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont mind merged files so long as the imperial city is kept separate.... It lags me way to much.

No worries there, if we do abandon separate ESPs for each city and/or each IC District, we'll still be keeping the IC itself separate from the other cities.

I don't mid if it is all merged just as long as you make the FPS patches merged as well.

They already are! We provide a merged ESP for all city FPS patches to work with the merged ESP for all cities, and a merged ESP for all IC FPS patches to work with the merged ESP for all IC Districts.

Is there any way to make the base mod files merged, but have the FPS patches modular? For example, my FPS is tolerable in most of the better cities, but is abysmal in the IC waterfront. If everything is merged, I'd rather not have to give up content in other cities in order to gain FPS at the one place I need it. This is the only reason I use the modular plugins, so I can use the modular FPS patches.

If we do abandon modularity for the cities and/or the IC Districts, we certainly could keep modularity for the FPS patches, that wouldn't be a problem.

I use the merged ESPs and the full Better IC plugin, as well as the FPS patches. A merged BC FPS patch would be quite good to have as an option.

I use the merged ESPs and the full Better IC plugin, as well as the FPS patches. A merged BC FPS patch would be quite good to have as an option.

What's wrong with the two merged FPS patches we already offer? One for the BC IC merged ESP, one for the BC Full merged ESP.

I don't mind loosing the modularity for most of the cities except IC Waterfront. The FPS there always stays below 10 even with the FPS patch and I get CTDs all the time around that area.

The Waterfront FPS patch has not yet been updated since the new additions to the Waterfront, there's plenty more wonderful clutter that can be removed with the FPS patch once I get around to it.