How do I make an Esp with mesh and texture files?

Talon111

Hi, if I have the meshes and textures for a piece of armour how to I make an Esp to use it in the game? I did a search but didn't yield any results for this. I know this is pretty basic for many people but I really have no idea. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, if I have the meshes and textures for a piece of armour how to I make an Esp to use it in the game? I did a search but didn't yield any results for this. I know this is pretty basic for many people but I really have no idea. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you look here? New to GECK and modding? Look Here Please.

OK I'm looking but can't find that topic. I tried searching "making esp", "making an armor esp" and other variations but no results. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the thread.

Start up the GECK. Select Fallout3.esm as your masterfile by checking its box in the start window, but do not select an active file. Allow the masterfile to load into GECK and stabilize. Save the file with a name of your choice. There are no alterations to the mastefile yet, but it gives you an .esp to work with and load as an active file next editing session. Get into the habit of saving your .esp mod file often while editing with the GECK. It is prone to crash at the most irritating and unexpected times, but most frequently during complex and vital operations.

The simplest thing then would be to select an existing vanilla armor set that is similar in type to your custom mesh (i.e. power armor) and edit it, saving it as a unique item ID with a unique name, so that your mod does not overwrite existing game assets (or get replaced by someone else's overhaul mod). Then replace the path in that armor's edit window to direct it to your mesh. A unique textureset for your armor can be made in a similar way. There are references for that sort of thing that I won't duplicate, but just saving an initially empty plug-in file will get you started.