How do you give NPC's specific armour or weapons?

wektis

Hi all,

I have looked around here on the forums and on the GECK wiki.

The info I have found here mentions scripts to do this and even how to write the scripts, I have no idea how to associate these scripts with particular NPC's.

The GECK info I found says that the NPC wont equip it automatically and goes on to give script reference for how to do this... I have no idea how to do the first part (above) ... again how to associate with specific NPC's?

IIs there is a tutorial some place I have missed?

Thanks for any help.

Hi all,

I have looked around here on the forums and on the GECK wiki.

The info I have found here mentions scripts to do this and even how to write the scripts, I have no idea how to associate these scripts with particular NPC's.

The GECK info I found says that the NPC wont equip it automatically and goes on to give script reference for how to do this... I have no idea how to do the first part (above) ... again how to associate with specific NPC's?

IIs there is a tutorial some place I have missed?

Thanks for any help.

My advice is to get familiar with the GECK and then look at one of the NPCs in my companion mod (I know you have it!). It really doesn't require any scripting for the basics. If an NPC has only one type of thing in their inventory (armor, for example), they will generally equip it automatically rather than be naked, unless the item is something that their character type just totally cannot use.