Favorite parts to play

Lehcar

i love the dark brotherhood quests

and for places i like to explore every corner in the world and my favorite city is chedinhal

and thing to do maybe stalk some npc and for some weird reason play with the corpses of fallen enemys (i always end up posing corpses until i notice its creepy :blink: )

I also love the DB quests.

Lately, however, I've been using alternate start mods and I've turned off fast travel, so I think more in terms of what my character would do, rather than what I would do. It adds a whole new level of awesomeness! It's like a double-decker awesomeness cake with awesome frosting!

Anyway, my favorite city is Chorrol.

@lobo1010: I've also caught myself playing with corpses. XD It's really waaayy too much fun!!

I'm with KaotikKreator on one point. For me, this game is about my character and not about me. I've already played it completely through (except for Shivering Isles), so I no longer feel compelled to do "everything" just because the game lets me. What would my current character do? That's the question I ask myself at each turn, and each time I play I play someone who is different in significant ways from the others. Not every character should get involved in the Dark Brotherhood, or the Thieves Guild, or the Mages Guild, or the Fighters Guild, or try to become the Hero of Cyrodiil, or the Arena Grand Champion, or collect all the pieces of the armor in the Knights of the Nine quests, or, even, become the Mad God (Sheogorath), himself. I have Frostcrag Spire (Wizard's Tower plug-in), but I may just disable it for my next game, in which I intend to play a thief/archer who isn't really interested in much but thieving and shooting things with a bow. I've gone the route where I did nearly every single quest in the game. Now its time to concentrate upon exploring this game through the eyes (and desires) of different sorts of characters.

My next character isn't even going to be involved in the main quest line. I might, in fact, make her "main quest" the Thieves Guild and work the Daedric shrine quests into that. For her, there will be no issue with Uriel Septim ... there will be no Oblivion gates ... she won't even go to Kvatch (me just pretending it doesn't exist), and I might not even complete the Thieves Guild quest line because, honestly, it makes no sense for a person to rise up in the ranks of an organization that fast and just take over -- and, insanely, you can do that for almost every player-related faction in the entire game.

Even when I was dead-set on "doing it all" I had to stop and smell the roses all the time. There's simply too much to explore, too much to experience, to get set upon a single goal and to pursue it doggedly until you accomplish it. There are very few quests with a timer. They'll wait until you trigger them and if you do a little research ahead of time you can figure out how NOT to trigger those which you don't want to happen.

I really don't have a favorite place to go or favorite things to see in this game. The entire game has surprises lurking behind every corner, if you just get off the beaten path and explore. A really good start, I think, is to go to Anvil from the Imperial City, staying on the roads. You'll still "discover" a lot of places like that. From Anvil, work your way northeast to Chorrol and then to Bruma. There are roads you can take. From Bruma head down south, again, toward IC, and then veer off to go to Cheydinhal. Backtrack and then south to Leyawiin, and then north to Bravil, and then north back to IC. You've hit all the major roads and some of the secondary ones. You've seen a lot of things. You've probably been unable to contain yourself, and you've explored some of the caves, mines, Ayleid ruins, and old forts along the way. And you won't even miss the main quest or even any of the guild quests. You'll still be having fun and now you'll know more about the world and will have fast-travel markers that will help you through any of the major quest lines you decide to take on.

Learn to do Alchemy, though. Stray off the road on collecting sprees. There are "ingredients" everywhere, and you can actually make quite a bit of money selling potions to merchants. You don't even need to play the game with Alchemy as one of your primary skills. You'll find yourself an Expert in no time at all, regardless, and your collecting sojourns will have you exploring even more of the world around you.