Help Needed

Sepherose

I have been taking a break from working on this, not because i don't want to work on it and add even more to it, but because of two major problems:

1. I need to change the mod so that it uses a script to alter leveled lists for clothing to maximize compatibility.

2. To do this I need to rebuild the mod basically from the ground up.

And here is the thing stopping me: I fail at scripting, no matter how much help I get in the form of tuts and even templates, I just can't ever seem to get it to work.

Long story short, I need a scripter if this mod is going anywhere, please PM me if you are interested in helping me with this. If you do, your screen name will be PLASTERED ALL OVER THE MODPAGE!!!1!!!11!!eleventyone!

Also, you will have my extreme gratitude for helping me. :)

Why do you need a script and what script do you need?

I need a script because it will help improve compatibility, rather than making it so that if two mods edit the same list the last to load overwrites the previous changes.

From the wiki:

AddItemToLeveledList adds a form to a Leveled Item list. This should be used in the RARE case where we want to add an item to a Leveled Item list that already exists in the ESM. It's primary use it for modifying lists from the base game in downloadable content. In most cases you should add items to form lists in the editor object windows. This is for those special cases where you want to alter the contents of a list at runtime or want to change it without putting it in your ESP/ESM file. Once altered using this function, it will persist in the save game data.

It can not be undone.

And this is a template that someone was nice enough to put together for me, I just can't seem to get it to work, not to mention I need someone that would be willing to stick around and to the scripting when a new update comes out:

scn MYLevelListModQuestScript

short iDoOnce

;Script attached to MYLevelListMod Quest - 'Start game enabled' flag set to 'On'

BEGIN GameMode

if (iDoOnce == 0)
 AddItemToLeveledList  LeveledItem1 ObjectToAdd1 iLevel iCount fHealthPercent100
 AddItemToLeveledList  LeveledItem2 ObjectToAdd2 iLevel iCount fHealthPercent100

... etc

set iDoOnce to 1
 StopQuest MYLevelListMod
endif

END

It would be better to help you get over your errors rather than doing it for you. Not because of my laziness (at least not solely :)) but say you want to edit FOOK or FWE lists, the person helping you is not likely to have your same mods installed in order to be able to do it for you.

First, create your new quest.

In your example script, they call it MyLevelListMod. You can call it whatever you want.

Make sure the start game enabled box is ticked.

Hit OK then reopen the quest you just made.

In the script box, create a new one and paste in your example.

Where it says object, change it to quest (dropdown box at the top)

Where it says MyLevelListMod, change it to the ID you gave your quest.

Where it says LeveledItem1, change it to the name of the list you want to add to.

Where it says ObjectToAdd1, change it to the ID of the armor you are adding to the list.

Repeat for all the lists, all the items, etc.

You might want to add the line

player.additem f 500

or something at the end, just so you can check and see if it worked. After it does you can remove that line.

Save your script, press OK, the reopen your quest again and choose the script you just made.

Save your esp.

Play game.

The reason I am asking for someone to actually help me with the work, not just explaining it, is that I do not really have the time IRL, but thank you though.