Suggestions or links to making tattoo?

db17432

Am trying to figure out how to make tattoos, specifically right now facial tattoos, but body ones eventually too. However, I can't seem to locate anything about tattoos. Any help would definitely be greatly appreciated :)

Tatoos need to go on the skin, so you will have to edit said skin texture, and then create a new race that uses that texture. Find some retexturing tutorials and just apply the same knowledge to the body/head texture instead of armour.

I've done a fair bit of this, and yeah you just need to edit the (face) texture. If you're using a mods face texture, you should find the texture under texture/characters/female (for a female PC). Or, if you are using vanilla textures as a base, you will need to extract them to work on them (from the same directory in the textures BSA). FOMM allows you to extract files from BSAs. You then need to copy the .dds file called headhuman.dds, (and it's associated _n.dds file) to new folder. Then open headhuman.dds and add your tattoos in one of two ways - either paint them directly onto the skin ( I find Photoshop is best for this method, though you will need the .dds plugin), or draw the tattoo, select it with the magicwand tool, and copy/paste it onto the face texture (I find Paint.net is best for this method). And then you need to set up a a custom race for your PC, unless you want your facial tattoos to apply to every female! I've put up instructions on how to do this here. Hope that helps! If you get stuck, just PM me, I'm much better at doing things than explaining them!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1244322338.jpg

All good advice so far. Use GIMP or Photoshop to retexture a skin for a custom race, or in the case of the pic above, a custom creature. There are plenty of public domain pics of tattoos online that one can find with image search. I don't know if it was wise, but I used Mike Tyson's facial tats for my supermutant. Please don't tell him.

I've done a fair bit of this, and yeah you just need to edit the (face) texture. If your using a mods face texture, you should find the texture under texture/characters/female (for a female PC). Or, if you are using vanilla textures as a base, you will need to extract them to work on them (from the same directory in the textures BSA). FOMM allows you to extract files from BSAs. You then need to copy the .dds file called headhuman.dds, (and it's associated _n.dds file) to new folder. Then open headhuman.dds and add your tattoos in one of two ways - either paint them dirctly onto the skin ( I find Photoshop is best for this method, though you will need the .dds plugin), or draw the tattoo, select it with the magicwand tool, and copy/paste it onto the face texture (I find Paint.net is best for this method). And then you need to set up a a custom race for your PC, unsless you want your facial tattos to apply to every female! I've put up instructions on how to do this here. Hope that helps! If you get stuck, just PM me, I'm much better at doing things than explaining them!

Great Post.

You truly are a helper ^_^