Fallout issues

Azrael12078

Alright,heres my specs for my rig

AMD Dual core Turion X2 64 bit CPU,almost 2 gigs of vid memory and 4 gigs ram.

heres my mod list

Fallout3,esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BS.esm

PL.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm(disabled)

CRAFT workbench expansion.esp(disabled)

CALIBER.esm

MMM.esm

ariana.esm

SSShop.esm

SSShopItems.esm

SSShopGhilliesuit.esm

20thCW.esm

20thCWv5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp

20thCW V5 ALIVE(containers).esp

CRAFTActivationPerk.esp(disabled)

3EFHelmetlesstealthsuit.esp

25mmAAgun02.esp

Dragonskin Tactical Armor.esp

GhostCombatHelm.esp

Crossbow.esp

AAR525.esp

AMRB04.esp

HZ_USP.esp

Autocannon.esp

Azraels Big Town House-1.22.esp

Care Package.esp

Immersive Health System.esp

StealthboyCRAFTRECONarmor.esp

20thCW ALIVE NPC(settler).esp

then its the rest of the 20thCW.esp files

the MMM.esp files are next

PIPboyPDA.esp

Bittercupcomp.esp

Fellout-full.esp

Fellout-OA.esp

Fellout-BS.esp

Fellout-PL.esp

Fellout-Zeta.esp

CRAFTable WMKs.esps(all are disabled)

xCalibr.esm

xCalibr_override.esp

MNUarmor.esp

xCALIBRmunitions.esp

xCALIBRFOSEenhancements.esp

Sorry for typos.But my FO3 has become extremely unstable and laggy(I run med settings).When I enable the CRAFT mods,I get an immediate CTD.And with the immersive healthcare system,the overdose weapons,and both infirmiaries have the <!> and I cant find out why(along with the M72LAW and theres a few files missing from my 20thCW pack,i may have to redownload that and maybe that will fix that issue) I notice,while I have the Fellout going,its slightly smoother,but as soon as I enable CRAFT immediate CTD. So I havent played with my CRAFT yet:( And I cant find out why for the life of me.

Examples

Failure to load-go to the load menu and it freezes

Fallout.exe has encountered a problem and must close

Lagging/shifting textures(Very common around Springvales school)

Going into DC tends to get laggy when im in or near certain buildings(Capitol or the tunnels,the tunnels it slows way way down,RC too but thats expected)

Saves not saving correctly.It will say Autosaving...and when I die,I get placed back a level or two. its really irritating.

I have tried moving the load order around,i have redownloaded the Immersive Health System,and I cant find the problem any ideas?

Im still pretty laggy inside or near places:/ its annoying...

Fine Places

Megaton(most of the town is alright,the house gets laggy at times)

Mall

Most of map

Bad places

Tunnels(Even with ghoul rampage set at 1X)

RC(gets really really bad)

Capitol building is awful.

CRAFT still doesnt work:(

Things to try:

- Check out http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

long read but worth it, heaps of info about tuning - in there you will also find the ini fix for multi-core CPU's (you need to add a line which I can't remember right now - multi-core CPU's can CTD the game)

- your patched to 1.7 yeah?

- you don't say much about your video card? If it's on-board and not a dedicated graphics GPU you'll never get decent performance without dropping everything to low in graphics. FO3 is pretty graphic intensive and will be crippled with anything less than a good medium class graphics card.

- if you do have a dedicated graphics card (NVida or ATI) - check your drivers, I've personally experienced issues with drivers.

Crash on start is usually due to a missing master file, make sure all you activate CRAFT.ESM as well.

Flickering textures is usually due to missing files or no Archive Invalidation. Get FOMM and use it's invalidation function. In FOMM you can also copy your load order instead of typing it manually. :)

Scavanger Armors (SSSHOP.ESM et al) are criminally inefficient in their use of textures, which probably accounts for any slowdowns near Rivet City.

Never ever EVER (ever) use autosaves! Get CASM instead. Never autoload, use the menu instead. Autosave/load are notoriously buggy and cause any amount of problems.