Dark Brotherhood ending

Lehcar

• 2 weeks later...
I think theres so much to do in Oblivion that its good to leave the Dark Brotherhood at acta. Except you need money :-) But they really could be able to make the DB more "completed", i mean, the hole hand is destroyed! And theres nearly noone left in the rescourse!Its like a empty house which is empty!You understand?

About that, has anyone encountered a situation when you HAD to "remake" the DB? That is to say, kill the only other surviving Black Hand member, Arquen? I did. I was going into the Sanctuary to fence some items, when the Dark Guardian randomly attacked me. I defended myself, but by doing so, it lowered Arquen's disposition and that resulted in her death by my hand (the other Murderers are coded to align only to me, even when I kill other DB members, so they remained loyal).

I was very disappointed with how the DB ended, Lucien, the only male with sex appeal in the game, killed off, the rest of the Brotherhood killed off, and all you're left with is an annoying elf and a few murderers who have all the personality and depth of a car park puddle. My inner fangirl couldn't take it, so I went and grabbed me some mods where the original sanctuary members are spared, Lucien avoids his grizzly fate, and there's still plenty of work to do restoring the Brotherhood. Delusions of happy endings, how I love them ^______^

What mod is it that keeps Lucien alive, and how does this not break the DB quest line -- not that I care, since being the Listener is horribly over-rated, anyway? I'd just prefer to be a member of the nice DB family and not have to deal with Arwen and her band of not-so-merry murderers, anyway. I know about Whispered Warning, of course, and consider it a must-have mod for any character I play who is going to be involved in the DB.

It's nothing fancy, it doesn't even explain how he escaped, just that the corpse in applewatch isn't his and he leaves a note telling you he's wondering around the DB sanctuary, not much different then just enabling him with the console and moving him there, but it's better then nothing (I'm not sure if it conflicts with Whispered Warning though, as my DB friends have yet to come back! I'm gonna have to just re-enable em ;D :) I still prefer the Lucien companion though:

Lucien Lachance is alive

If I knew how, I'd totally make a mod to replace Arquen with Lucien, it just doesn't feel right having her run the sanctuary now.