Mod crashing CS

mccrab

I'm working on a mod with couple of friends. We combine our plugins to our masterfile from time to time. Now the problem is that whenever my friend goes to a location I have modded, his cs crashes. We both have same game and cs version. I have used Tes4Gecko to combine our plugind to our master file.

Is there any way to make the file work on my friends computer?

Your friend could isolate exactly what aspect of the mod causes the crash, and you could fix it or remove it from the mod. Some examples:

(1) Missing meshes

(2) Missing textures

(3) Excessive polycount/ excessive Animations in one small area.

(4) Bad AI packages.

One possibility is that your computer is more powerful than your friend's.

Another possibility is that you did not give him all the meshes and textures necessary to run your part of the mod. So he has missing meshes and textures that are not missing on your computer.

You might try a destructive test operating from your friend's computer. Back up you mod. Then start chopping pieces out and play-testing. When the crashing goes away, you will know that something in the chunk you just chopped out was causing the crash. You can then reload a copy of the backup and start chopping again. This time with very small pieces from the bad sector of the mod.

I'm not completely sure but he should have all the needed meshes and textures as I packaged the mod with tes4files. The excessive amount of polygons shouldn' cause it because I use my laptop to mod and it can barely run oblivion with 10-20 fps, and I have heard the my friend uses QTP3. I'm sure that it's not AI packages as we haven't made them yet.

I have to ask him and check if he has everything.