List of AMMO=WEAPON?

ICERAY2000

So I'm roaming all around, I've got hundreds and thousands of rounds of all kinds, and I come across a particular new type of ammo; what's it for? What gun/rifle am I now looking for in order to use these rounds?

It seems to me there must be a list somewhere, especially in the Calibr area that matches ammo to weapons. If someone to point me to that list or provide it, that would be really great, and would certainly add yet another aspect to this game. Or, maybe the dude in xCalibr Gunshop could start answering the question "What weapon takes THIS ammo?"

Thanks!

I can't upload an .xls or a .cvs file here, why I don't know. This is the text of the file, but it will not copy/paste into Excel because of the formatting here - an additional problem is that it is a pathetically incomplete list - if anyone has more info, please help! :wallbash:

-----------------------------------

* Small Guns

Weapon New Name Ammo

Chinese Pistol Ruger Mk II .22 Long Rifle

10mm Pistol Glock 20 10mm

10mm pistol suppressed Glock 19 Suppressed 9x19mm

.32 Pistol Smith & Wesson .32 (chrome) .32 cal

.44 magnum scoped Colt Anaconda (unscoped) .44 magnum

10mm sMG Ingram Mac-10 10mm

Hunting Rifle M14+ .32 cal

Combat Shotgun Remington 870 12 gauge

Sawed-off Shotgun SPAS-12 (folded) 12 gauge

Assault Rifle Colt AR-15 5.56mm Nato

chinese Assault Rifle FN-FAL Izzy 7.62mm Nato

Sniper Rifle Zastava M76 Sniper .308 Winchester

* Big Guns

--------

Missle Laucher RPG7 RPG

* Unique Weapons

--------------

Zhu Rong Ruger Mk II Reflex Scope+ .22 LR HE

Colonal Autumn's pistol HK 1911 Match+ .455 Webley

Law Dog Raging Bull .375 Magnum

Wanda Assault Rifle AR-15 Suppressed+ 5.56mm Nato

BlackHawk S&W M29 scoped .44 Magnum

Elder Lyons Pistol AG35 Pistol 40mm grenade

Sydney's SMG Kriss Vector CRB+ 10mm

Terrible Shotgun Mossburg 500 tactical+ 12 gauge

Ol' Painless M14 Sopmod+ 7.62mm Nato

Miss Launcher A-36 grenade launcher 40mm Grenade

Victory Rifle Patriot AWM+ .338 Lapua Magnum

Reservist Rifle Sako TRG-42 Carbon+ .308 Match

Xuanlong Rifle AK-74 Kobra+ 5.45mm Soviet

Kneecapper HK UMP Red-Dot Sup+ 9x19mm

Burnmaster custom flamethrower flamer fuel

BlackBart Winchester Rifle .22 Magnum

If you didn't already know, you can easily get a list of all the weapons that use a particular ammo type in the GECK. Load up whatever mods you use, check the Ammo section in the left pane of the Object Window, right-click an ammo type in the right pane and select Use Info. It will pop up another window that has all the other objects it could find that have a reference to the given ammo type. Click on the first column's heading (I think it's "Type") to change how the objects are sorted, and scroll down to the WEAP type. Those will all be weapons that use your ammo type. Repeat for any other ammo types you want.

You still have to transcribe the list by hand if you want to use it in other ways. Also, some of the weapons that show up will be ones that cannot be used by the player but still exist in the game, like NPC-only weapons and such.

If you didn't already know, you can easily get a list of all the weapons that use a particular ammo type in the GECK.

Thanks - I did not know that. I have tried the GECK, but it's way too mysterious for me! Can't get it to do anything and I am no programmer. I will try what you suggested though.

Nope, that's not going to work for me, I am a Gecko when it comes to the GECK. You don't need to teach me how to use it, and I don't want to learn; I loaded it and then stared into space for 5 minutes wondering how I could possibly load every mod in; couldn't even load one.

Thanks anyway!

This isn't really a mod request. I suggest you try the general discussions section or somewhere else. Cheers.

~ Acavedo

OK, I request a mod that will in-game give the correct code for ammunition.