Increasing the number of pages available in a book

Themisive

I don't see why it would, but that's just a guess. Have you run into a limit? If so, what was it?

Personally, I think splitting it into several volumes would be kinder to the reader, since the books have no indication of how many pages there are, and players are likely to become impatient if the book doesn't end within a reasonable distance from the longest of the vanilla in-game books. An impatient audience isn't likely to be in a frame of mind to appreciate the writing for its own sake.

What I'm doing is writing a LONG book of ALL the various poitons and the ingedients needed. In Oblivion, the max page limit seemed to be about 15, but again I'm not sure if you can increase THAT. Whilst I'm prepared to plade itructions in a separate book, I would prefer to keep them all in one book.

By the way, until recently I've been playng Oblivion, which seems to have a set page limiit per book. However I

decided to play Morrowind (and the expannsions) since this seems to be set about 400 -500 years before oblivion, and gives some really nice pointers to the game.

I played a mod that included a very long book, which I'm sure was more than 15 pages, but I'm afraid I can't remember which mod it was, or even if it was in Oblivion or Morrowind. I'd suggest just pasting in some dummy text into a book in the CS and seeing if you actually run into a limit. If you do, then perhaps someone else can help you.

My own opinion after trying to get through the million page manual of Midas Magic spells.. Please, seperate it out! It makes it much much easier to get through it by skipping through volumes if what you're making is a reference book. I tried to get to a certain spell in the Midas Magic book, and it takes a ludicrously long time having to flip through all of the pages. It'd be easier to be able to select volumes spaced by lettering, encyclopedia style.

• 1 month later...

I understand your ideas, however, as this has to be an opeen book, it makes sense to have it all in one book. What i do intend to do though is to make an index at the beginning of the book, breaking down into the types of splles used, and the page number it starts at.

The reason it has to be an open book is it is to be placed on a lecturn in the alchemy lab. Yes I could make several closed books, but then how would you access them?