Female Cousland and Dairren

Lehcar

I think that would be a tough call. When you talk to him you find out he is your father's second in battle, and Bryce has taken him under his wing, so to speak, to train him into a proper knight. And although he is from a lesser house is still nobility. And your mother seems to be pushing her in that kind of direction. It would be a plausible scenario, but there is also the pushing of Thomas Howe in her direction as well from both Rendon and Bryce. Plus, in Awakening, if not married to Alistair, Nathaniel shows an interest there despite what has happened in the past. The Howe's and Cousland's are reputed to be close families until the blight, so whomever she would have been paired with (Thomas, Nathaniel, or Dairren) all would have satisfied the nobility standards elluded to here.

But I thought Dairren was considered just as good a candidate for Lady Cousland's beau as Thomas?

I think although a bann's son and not and arl's son he is. And you can tell from your parents they have different views on the matter. Bryce and Rendon ellude to talking about you before you show up. "See, Howe?" And you mother is obviously in favor of Dairren when you meet them in the courtyard. However, both ellude to wanting you to get hitched. They want more grandkids. ;)

He is Bann Loren's son and while hopefully he doesn't share his father's bad characteristics (see: A King's Confidant) he still belongs to a family that is almost as disgraceful as the Howe's. The only good reason to invite him to bed is to see him end his family line when he stupidly opens the door.

Is most of this information from books? I don't remember much of a conversation with him at all in the game.

Based on the game he is OK I felt sorry for him, but not marriage material.