The Nature of Freedom

MontanaBlueSkies

All freedoms , according to John Locke, eminate from property rights. Thought ,speech and indiviuality just being intangible property of the individual.

Nexus cites their rights as "owners" of their property, in this case property being the Nexus websites. This is a valid argument in my opinion. I agree with them wholeheartedly.

Most philosophers and advocates of freedom have realized that if you want to protect your own freedoms, you have to protect the freedoms of others as well.

If the right to freedom of speech was legitimately denied, what would protect the right to own and operate your possessions?

I think we all agree on the need to protect children, and the need to protect yourself (Nexus) from legal reprisal based on the uploaded content of the site. I would just ask that in your haste to evoke your freedom (to operate your site as you see fit) that you dont unnecessarily deny the freedoms of others.

Creativity and individuality go hand in hand. It seems poorly conceived to seek one and deny the other.

Benjiman Franklin said, "The government that governs best, governs least".

Seems like sound advice for all seasons to me.

Montana

If people could use common sense and not go out of their way to create problems for others, or put things where they aren't appropriate, we wouldn't need to do anything, ever.

Mod descriptions are not the place to make political statements any more than they are the place to discuss someone's personal sexual exploits. Description pages exist solely for providing information related to the mod(s) or game(s) in question. This should be common sense, and most everyone else seems to have no issue in understanding this.