Scripting Question :)

Trueform

Hi,

I'm trying a mod that involves dropping an item from your inventory, which will actually drop an NPC reference where the object lands. However, as far as I can work out, an item needs to have a mesh for the OnDrop command to work.

Can anyone think of a way around this problem? I have to have the item drop from my inventory for the mod to be effective. Any help would be greatly appreciated and kudas given for helpful answers :)

Thanks very much in anticipation guys.

Perhaps set the items mesh to the coin mesh and then set the scale for the coin to as low as possible. Alternatively you could try retexturing the coin model to a texture that is completely see through (just erasing everything basicly). This is of course assuming you don't need to see the actual item being dropped, and just require it for the npc ref to be spawned/moved.

Perhaps set the items mesh to the coin mesh and then set the scale for the coin to as low as possible. Alternatively you could try retexturing the coin model to a texture that is completely see through (just erasing everything basicly). This is of course assuming you don't need to see the actual item being dropped, and just require it for the npc ref to be spawned/moved.

Ah yes that sounds like it would do the trick! yeah, I just need the system to register a dropped item rather than see it dropping. Excellent, you've been massively helpful :D thank you very much :D