MOD unification resources needed

ICERAY2000

I have slowly added MODS to my game, small ones first, and then more ambitious ones, and with over 150 now in my load order, it's getting very difficult to mange them. I am not a modder, I can't get everything to work right, and doing my research on compatibility, I am frustrated by confusing and conflicting directions; do this, but not that , use this, but only with that and put this here and move that there and patch this manually and use FOMM for this and FOIK that and on and on and on.

With now thousands of MODS and a apparently a new complete game on the way, isn't there a better way? I have read somewhere about a program that merges MODs, and I do remember in Oblivion that there was a similar program and it didn't work for me (I'm sure it functioned properly, but I couldn't get it)

- so here's my request:

:thumbsup: - make a bunch of merged MODS that combine the best mods, or the most downloaded, or SETS of MERGES that combine MODS into several categories - realistic, RPG, survival, FPS, adventurers, etc.

Cure the ills of installing all these alphabet soup conglomerations of conflicting MODS so that we can use them.

OR

a utility that you simply drag and drop MODs into it; it will merge and spit out one or two big MODs; can that be done? As I say I know there is a program that is designed to merge MODs but I couldn't figure it out; I'm a drag and drop kind of player, who'd rather play than program, and yet I'll be the first to say that the MODS make the game GREAT, make it more than it was and better than ever. I really appreciate all the time and effort people put into their MODs, but the management is just overwhelming.

For instance, I recently installed FOOK2, and I thought I followed the directions, but with the help of another user here, I was told I was missing MODs that I know I took out because I thought I didn't need them, and I included MODs that were no longer needed. If I could simply pick and choose to make my own,easily, that's great; OR I am more than willing to download a huge merged MOD SET.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this idea. Thanks.

There are already mod-combinations, FOOK is one of them.

I think you're underestimating the complexity of Fallout modding. If you want stability, stick to the DLC's where professional game designers are paid to ensure that everything works together.

If you don't know what you're doing, installing 150 amateur mods is not the way towards a stable experience.

The documentation from overhaul mods tend to be quite comprehensive. I use FWE instead of FOOK, and the questions that come up in the forum threads are nearly always due to user errors that could have been avoided by reading and following the instructions.

Sometimes they are due to mods conflicting because the overhaul and another mod is changing the same thing. There is no way around that, other than removing one of them.

I think a lot of people would love something that makes using multiple mods easier, myself included. All the time, I see comments on mod pages "this looks great, but will this work with X mod?"I am at around 100 and have been spending so much time learning how to make them work together, I edit the game more than I play. (It's kinda fun now, is that weird? :P) Anyway. that might be a lot of work, and also it could be hard to please people with which mods are worthy. For example, if there are 2 really popular realism mods that affectthe same thing, both conflict. Overwright one and fans of the other will not be happy. I like your idea though.