What could cause this problem?

gaivrn

Hi, I am wondering what is it that can cause certain armors to vanish when you put them on your own character. The stats are there and changed, however when I am wearing it I only see my lioncloth.. as if I'm not wearing anything. Weird part is, its not consistent and it only (so far) happend to me once with a specific armor.

I am using Immersive Armor mod, and the armor that doesn't work on me is the centurion armor. even more strange it works perfectly fine on other npc's and followers. I can see it on them just fine, but once I wear them it vanishes.... ( when i mean vanish, I mean the armor is gone not my characters body. Just the armor, so visually I'm naked )

Even more strange, the arms, legs, and helmet armor works perfectly fine as well. Just the chest piece..

Could anyone please help trouble shoot? ( before jumping into load orders, dirty plug-ins cleaning, batching files and creation kit tweaking to solve )

Thanks,

Edited by gaivrn

How so? won't the wrong load order change a more obvious pattern or related objects to change in conflict with a different mod? In this case it is so specific of a problem, single armor piece working half way within a whole armor set that worked perfectly? What are your percieved indicators that suggest wrong load order? Just trying to break down a problem so I can fix it more indepth.

Edited by gaivrn

How so? won't the wrong load order change a more obvious pattern or related objects to change in conflict with a different mod? In this case it is so specific of a problem, single armor piece working half way within a whole armor set that worked perfectly? What are your percieved indicators that suggest wrong load order? Just trying to break down a problem so I can fix it more indepth.

How could i possibly know how to fix your problem if i don't even know the mods you're using?

Post your modlist and loadorder

How could i possibly know how to fix your problem if i don't even know the mods you're using?

Post your modlist and loadorder

because, i tried just vanilla + DLC's + that single mod. The problem persisted. There is no load order or mod list if I only run this mod by itself and same problem occurs. I could post my full 240's mod list which I had no problem besides this visual imperfection, I just don't see how it would help even If i isolated the problem and was hoping to not delve into that can of worms that I have meticulously put together. I'll post it when I'm able to.

That is why I rather try to find the rational concept to solve this by a series of troubleshooting through isolation. Which I was hoping people with indepth knowledge of such particular problems or have experienced these issue more than me to reply.

As to "how" sometimes I can help others just from their description of the problem, such as weird exclamation mark showing up, or bright saturated objects showing up all happen for a reason. or when a particular CTD happen, during menu screens, or game, or location, when it occurs tells you what part of the game was reading before it crashes. How it crashes can tell you if its really a load order problem, or just the game engine having insufficient amounts of memory. My frustration is when I don't understand the concept of why my issue could occur this way so i can apply it to other things besides just getting mods to work. Which is my reason for asking the cause to get the concept in the answer over a simple problem fix.

thanks,

Edited by gaivrn