Skyrim doesn't recognize my mods anymore..

Cymonster

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place, feel free to move this if it isn't.

So to make a long story short, Skyrim doesn't recognize my mods anymore that I use via NMM.

Here's a bit of backstory; I'm modding Skyrim via NMM for a while, and I thought I had the NMM under control, seems I was wrong! :tongue:

Yesterday, I looked into ENB's and stuff, unknown for me but I wanted to learn more about it. While doing some research and all that, one thing I read a lot is that I should remove other mods that enhance graphics and all that, so I removed the 3 High-Res Texture packs. All good and well, untill after a while I decide ENB's might not be for me as I didn't understand it enough to go on with it.

I try to re-add my Texture packs, but nothing happens, he doesn't recognize them. I re-install NMM (done it up to 5 times already now lol) and still nothing.

I decide I'll re-install Skyrim completely, uninstall it from Steam, remove ALL files that have something to do with Skyrim, and save my mods in a folder on my desktop (to retrieve them easily so I don't have to download them again).

After re-installing Skyrim (twice already :tongue:) and NMM, I just can't get my mods to work anymore.. I do as I always do, upload them to the NMM, activate them and all that, but they never show up in the Plugin section(with all the .ESM and .ESP etc) I can't even get SKSE to run anymore, and I do the same thing I've been doing before, wich always worked :sad:

So I might have skipped a step somewhere down the line or so, I have no idea where I went wrong :laugh: After 2 days of trying to fix this I'll try my luck on here, and I hope you understand my problem!

If you need more info or I forgot something, let me know.

Thanks in advance, Cy

Edited by Cymonster

Recheck every installation path:

NMM Skyrim directory, in where it installs the mods;

SKSE installation directory, that should be the same of skyrim one.

I've installed, unistalled, reinstalled, deleted, updated thousand of mods through NMM and MO and never happened something like this to me.

Recheck every installation path:

NMM Skyrim directory, in where it installs the mods;

SKSE installation directory, that should be the same of skyrim one.

I've installed, unistalled, reinstalled, deleted, updated thousand of mods through NMM and MO and never happened something like this to me.

In NMM I went to settings and it says my Mod Directory saves it fales in c:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods (I think the same place I used to have them before the reinstalls)

I put my mods I previously had in a Desktop folder, and tried to add them to NMM from there, but it doesn't work. What did work, I downloaded a mod from the Nexus I didn't had(and used the NMM installer instead of manual install) and that one shows up, so perhaps I should all re-download them that way?

I see, perhaps I forgot about that yes, thanks for letting me know! ^^ I only have two files in there right now, the Jaysus swords mod (wich I downloaded just now) and SKSE Scripts, but don't see that show up with my plugins and stuff.

Anyhow, thanks already for the answer :D I'll try to look around a bit more and see if I can fix this

Edit: Mind if I shoot you a PM if I encounter something else? I hope I can work this out but you never know :p

Edited by Cymonster

I see, perhaps I forgot about that yes, thanks for letting me know! ^^ I only have two files in there right now, the Jaysus swords mod (wich I downloaded just now) and SKSE Scripts, but don't see that show up with my plugins and stuff.

Anyhow, thanks already for the answer :D I'll try to look around a bit more and see if I can fix this

Edit: Mind if I shoot you a PM if I encounter something else? I hope I can work this out but you never know :tongue:

Why not? PM me if you need something, i'll help you for sure :)