A special mansion/vault player home

thetorturedbodysoul

What I was looking for is a large mansion similar in size and composition to the mansion you defend in point lookout(calavash or something I think) with all the trimmings in it cause I love the library and sitting room and office, game room, kitchen and the dining room, and all the guest rooms and the like that are in it but I want it to be nice and clean not wrecked like the house is when you defend it...don't know if the other mansion on the island is similar and could be used as a model instead but somewhere(probably in the room where are the computer/tv security monitors are I would like a manhole hatch to be located like in a corner and then it leads to the vault area that your familiar with leading to all the vault doors. Leading down to the vault door that I would like to be a working vault door and only openable by the player if that's possible, on the the vault door I would like the initials J.V and then for the vault I would like the a fairly large composition with place for a lab, the master bedroom for the player to sleep, and then a large display area with tables for me to display all the weapons in the game and then enough mannequins to display all the armor and accesories(hats, glasses, etc) in the game(including those in all the dlc's). I would like player faction turrets at the vault door entrance and all around the exterior of mansion. Inside the mansion I would also like there to be a dog house in the foyer and if possible have the part of the mansion to be the default wait/fire location for dogmeat once he's recruited. Also if possible in the bar area of the mansion if I could get a protectron bartender that can sell all alcohol in the game and maybe some food items as well. I would like the mansion to be located between vault 101 and megaton but kinda closer to the walls of megaton but still kinda within view of the entrance of vault 101. Also if possible to have a enclosed roof balcony so as to have a nice view of megaton and the entrance of vault 101...perhaps with a nice outdoor grill and wetbar with some furniture to sit and stare out at the scenary around the mansion. I think that just about covers everything I was wanting and I know this is possibly a large request but I think it would not only be an amazing home and base for myself but for anyone possibly as fanatical about gaming junk/item collection as me.

I would love to have skill to do this myself but I have attempted using the G.E.C.K myself but don't know if it's my version of it or just my lack of skill but I can't seem to create anything worth crap on my only, merely edit others mods for my own personal use(if necessary). I just don't seem to have the skill or ability to create this amazing mod nor to navmesh the place to make it able for myself to use but for companions to be able to follow me inside or followers to be able to wait there. I know the project is possible but don't know if anyone would be willing to undertake it...if so I would be vastly grateful and thank you greatly in advance.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig request!

I like it :P

I can't promise anything right now, because I have a few requests to look into, but I have got into house modding just recently (see my mod 'House of the Rising Sun' if you're curious as to my interior design :)) and I really love designing player homes.

The actual navmeshing isn't a problem if you use one of the other manions and vaults as a base, and getting your companions to return there when fired would be a simple script, so I am technically capable of doing both of those things. A few of the features would be a challenge, but I like a challenge.

If anyone else is reading this and wants to take a crack at this request, feel free to do so, I'm not staking my claim on the mod or anything, but when I've finished the few mods I'm on, I will certainly give this a go (I'm talking in the near future :)) If it's already been done by the time I get around to it, it's all good, I need some modding practise with player house design anyway. But if you haven't heard any other responses from this request, I am willing to give it a go if you don't mind waiting for a short time :)

That would be great, I would really appreciate it, after making the request I figured i'd either hear nothing or a 'do it urself nutjob' :P

I am more than willing to wait a bit, especially when you say in the near future...and I would love to finally be able to have it. Kinda like a amata romance mod...but no one seems to wanna make one of those either for some reason :P

Hahahahah! Funny you should say that :P

I do plan to work on a romance / family mod in the future, but it's beyond my abilities at this time, so I'm just learning what I can on the way until I get to that stage :)

Yep, the near future for sure. you nutjob :P J/k :P

but seriously, I'm working on a request at the moment, if I have any spare time between waiting for instructions on that, I shall begin your request too :) I can keep you updated, so check your personal messages or this thread and when I begin something I shall let you know :) it shouldn't be too long before I begin. I won't put a specific time on it because I don't want to disappoint you, but I promise I shall start as soon as I can.

I generally reply to those posts that don't have any other replies, if it's something I'm capable of :P I hate not hearing from anyone (I don't blame people though, I know they probably have busy lives) and your mod sounds like it would be fun. I want the player house modding practice too and share your passion for junk collecting :P not that I'm crazy wolfgang or anything. Well, not the wolfgang part.

Hehe, that would be great, thanks :)

I would love to see the Amata romance too, wouldn't even worry so much about the family part if I could just get the romance...I would love to see something basically like the Lucy West companion mod but with Amata(maybe after Trouble on the Homefront) and some more romance to it of course...and for her to be set to the awesome player home you will make for me of course ;)

As far as the collecting thing goes...I would put Wolfgang to shame on the crazy and collecting aspects...I make it so I collect almost every item I come across and just store it in my containers...I never sell anything, I keep it just to see how many of those items i've actually gathered in my journey. Also I like to display at least one of each item in the game at my main home...that's what I loved about the Lucy West companion mod as she was kinda like a girlfriend who could not only accompany you but could just stay at home and chill, drinking beer and whiskey(or whatever drink you gave her) and same with food(whatever you gave her), that way she never messed with any of my stuff I had set out :P

Anyway thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you :)

You're welcome :)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I enjoyed the Lucy West companion mod too, it's been one of my favourite companion mods. I shall give it some thought in the future to making an amata one similiar, I know there is already amata companions out there, but adding new things to them would decrease the workload considerably on that account.

Good going on the collecting! I like to collect weapons and armour, etc though I suppose most people do; I'm trying to do something as well that will let you buy things for your house and arrange them, possibly using some variation on the excellent fung shui mod. I have lots of plans for the future! lol

Finished my previous mod. I will begin work on your player house today. If you don't mind, please keep checking back on this post; I will keep you updated on the progress and that way I can contact you with any questions I have or get information on any additions to the house / vault you may wish to make.

EDIT: I'm afraid there isn't any non-wrecked mansion walls in the game, but I suppose there wouldn't be what with it being a wasteland and all. I have checked out both the mansions in the game, Calvert Mansion, which you defend, is the largest. I could use this one as a base if you like? I could make the furnature in as good a condition as possible as a compromise, and obviously the walls wouldn't be broken down like they are when you're defending it. Let me know what you think :)