A special mansion/vault player home

thetorturedbodysoul

Yes that sounds, good, doesn't the mansion turn into a restored version of itself after you finish defending it I think, not sure...if you could make it as neat looking as possible...if any wall have holes in them or something maybe they could just be taken out or something(just an idea perhaps)...anyway i'll be sure to check back often just to check in and see ur updates and/or if you need to clarify anything with me...thanks so much again for doing this for me :).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no problem :)

yeah, the walls won't have holes in them, just the standard peeling wall paper and suchlike, so no heavy structural damage.

EDIT: The location that you want the mansion in is quite difficult to find what with the hilly aspect of the area arond Megaton and Vault 101; I have little to no experience with land modification at this time, but I did manage to find an area close to what you want; here's some pics, let me know if that's a satisfactory location for you :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Trueform/FO3/distanceFromMVault.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Trueform/FO3/distanceFromMT-1.png

That seems like a good location, isn't that right near Springvale and close to Megaton as well? From the looks that seems like a good location if it's where I believe it is...it wouldn't interfere with anything that happens in Broken steel or the other DLC's I don't think either... :)

That seems like a good location, isn't that right near Springvale and close to Megaton as well? From the looks that seems like a good location if it's where I believe it is...it wouldn't interfere with anything that happens in Broken steel or the other DLC's I don't think either... :)

You are correct, that's where it is :) Close to Springvale, Megaton and Vault 101, all within reasonable walking distance. I shall change the features in the area a bit and try to make it look as much like it belongs there as possible :)

that sounds good, maybe a large fence(perhaps like a barbed wire) surrounding the mansion and that way the turrets on the outside can stand in each of the four corners of the fence. I would really like a console(similar perhaps to the one in the Kors vault mod) that can open and close the doorway(armored doorway perhaps? :) ) to the barbed wire fence and respawn the turrets in case they are destroyed by any hostiles. Just a thought anyway...if it's possible.

I'll get working on that for you :) so far, I have managed to make the surrounding area fit into it, so once I've finished your fences for you, I will get to work on the inside of the mansion.

Hi,

I'm afraid there's good news and bad news; the bad news is, I'm going to have to start the mansion again, so it may be a tad longer than anticipated, so I'm sorry for the delay. my Geck decided to crash on me and deleted a lot of work which hadn't been saved (can't blame anyone but myself for that one).

The good news, however, is that I have learnt how to heightmap, so I will be able to make the mansion much, much more enjoyable and I'm not so limited to location - I may keep it in the same location, but if I can find a better one closer to Megaton, I shall place it there :)

Anywho, progress should be a bit quicker than before. I know what parts I need to use and where to place them and everything you have asked for is possible (I have yet to try placing barbed wire on the wall, but you will have a heavilly-fortified player home with sentry guns on wall's corners). I will also add a console-like device on the wall for you, though I shall try to keep it with the mansion's aesthetics if possible :)

sounds great, no problem on the wait...nobodys fault when Geck crashes. Now isn't there a barbed wire fence used in areas like The Pitt...or were you putting a wall around the mansion? :D Anyway that sounds good though and on the location the present one might be good, not that worried about it being closer to Megaton, in fact if it's a bit closer to Vault 101 than Megaton that would be good as in my mind my guy would always like to be closer to the home he had always known(at least to me that's how I would feel were it me in that world :) ).