A special mansion/vault player home

thetorturedbodysoul

I hate dark homes too, so they'll be plenty of light fixtures, etc that will accommodate for it; I just don't see windows being needed underground :P

I have also added a cave entrance :) the interior of the mansion is mostly finished beyond the lighting - I may do the lighting last, after I have finished the interior design for the vault section too, which is the bulk of the work.

In the mansion, I have also included some static objects that I have always wanted to collect, but aren't classed as inventory objects in the main game to add to your collecting needs - there are lots of vanilla objects I want to replace so they're not static in the future, but that will take place in a seperate mod.

I am going to use Andy W's Mannequins mod for the vault so that you can display weapons and armour/accessories; I will also add some museum of history-style weapons display cases so that you can have your favourite weapons on a pride of place display.

Which Vault would you like as a base? The Vault 101 model has a lot more rooms, but vault 87 - the one where you access tranquility lane - has a large area at the bottom where the VR interfaces reside. I could get rid of the interfaces and you could use that for a 'Hall of Mannequins', but it's all just personal preference and what you think would suit your needs better, really :)

I'm sure if you wanted the Vault 101 model, at the cost of a few rooms, I could make enough space for Mannequins (or even add some extra rooms for them).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's alright I don't don't really need custom armor at this time. As for the cave entrance...is it it's own interior cell or have you added it to the cell of the mansion? Also have you tested yet just to make sure modding this cell of the mansion from its vanilla won't interfere with it in the game(dumb question but many mods i've had in the past have overlooked such and actually disable their vanilla counterparts from being entered when the mod is active)? Also I think that perhaps the vault 101 would make as a good basis since I also want the lab and my master bedroom to go along with the weapons and mannequin rooms. I wonder if those display cases will keep the weapons from falling through them as many of the display cases are want to do with many of the weapons(both ingame and mod) and plus tables will also be needed for the weapons to big to fit in a case. I know the mannquins are really going to take some work as I displayed all the armor and accessories/clothes in the game/dlcs/and some mods and it took over 100 mannquins to do so back awhile back when I had to use a spawning code(the mannequin being from a mod) to create them all. Anyways sounds good and I look forward to hearing more especially the closer we get to the finished product. :D

The cave tunnel entrance is part of the same cell and there is no adverse affects that I have noticed; if it does come to that, it will be a simple matter to change it in any case.

As for mod / vanilla interference, I made a duplicate of the actual mansion and worked with that, so there shouldn't be any interference with the vanilla fallout mansion; they don't share any codes or events and I'm removing all of the scripts on doors and such; everything in the basic ID names are being changed and I don't forsee any compatability problems.

Lostone has kindly agreed to help me out with the Vault part once I have finished the mansion section, which should be done over the next few days barring complications.

The vault I will do from scratch but i will base it on vault 101, only because that vault 101 is very annoying to copy .

I cant do the mannequins, sorry i do not know how or even what you mean...sorry

One thing I would like to discuss is may I use some custom models to make the place feel nicer ie use some fireplaces and blank vault doors if that is alright, if it is not just let me know.

Well blank vault doors around the vault is fine but on the main vault blast door I wanted the initials JV...also as far as custom things go perhaps I would just have to see how they look before I could say they would look great or out of place in there. Also I definately need the mannequins, they're one of the main points of the mod request itself...without a large room of mannequins set up to display all my armor/clothing/accessories not much point to even have the vault part period...perhaps trueform knows of them though as he mentioned being able to do them previously...

the fireplaces are located here

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14795

I did not say I wouldent do the mannequins just ment I do not know how...yet, I have an idea on how they work just unsure I shall ask around

the blank vault doors yay and i will do the Blast door as requested but Could you send me an image of how you want them to look I am not great at making words I can also put them on the vault doors as well if you like

The Mannequins will be in the file, someone called Andy W has made them.

I believe that they are actually classed as NPCs, but look like mannequins; they can be placed around and used to display clothes, armour and weapons, etc and I think that when you give them weapons, they take on a shooting or fighting pose :) it will just be a case of placing them down from what I gather.

I am having a bit of trouble with the mansion though, I don't know if anyone else has encountered a similiar thing - for some reason, there's a couple of pieces in the cell that just look grey as if nothing was there and only become visible when you're literally on top of them. Lostone, if you have some mapping experience, do you know of any way to remedy this bug? I assume it's a Navmeshing problem... :wallbash:

I used to have that problem in the past but not sure what the issue ever was as it generally either corrects itself or I just don't notice the ones that are left so i'm up a creek on that. As for the initials JV(as the numbers 101 appear on the doors in the vault that is how I would like the initials to look, kinda in like bold yellow paint I suppose...kinda like that is fine). Yes I do believe the mannequins are npcs but one mod didn't make sure that they had no action movements available and after the mod was set and I left I found that mannquins gathered by the hundreds right by the door...as if they were trying to escape :P Been a long time ago but I think that was an issue with a megaton basement expansion or something, can't remember anymore. And finally as for the fireplaces I am not really feeling them...they all look pretty nice but not sure if it would fit into the decor. I always remember one mods fireplace...rowens personal vault or something(the one that sat under the doctors office in Megaton) that had a beautiful fireplace with even a picture of amata in a frame on the mantle and it was really homey...that one I wouldn't mind but the fireplaces on that link looked good but to me might seem out of place in a vault setting. Anyways thanks again guys and look forward to hearing back from yas :)

No problem, I just hope I can sort out these problems; I am relatively new to player homes, so it's something I'm a bit baffled with :sweat: I have posted a topic in the help forums and with any luck someone can suggest something to remedy it - I have looked over the Navmeshes and they all seem to be in working order, so I don't really have much of a clue on that one. I have even tried seperating the house into different cells, or 'wings' like a real mansion, but it doesn't make any change on the bug...

As for the Mannequins, if you don't want to use the Andy W ones, I'm not sure what to suggest, although there are some mannequin models in the game, obviously. All I can think of as an alternative is adding scripts onto them so that they can 'wear' the equipment, although I personally would only have the very vaguest idea of how it would work. Something utilizing an OnActivate script attached to each Mannequin, maybe, then setting the axis' so that they match the required area of the Mannequin (eyes for glasses, head for hats, etc). But how they would be referenced, I'm unsure... the only way I can think of is using 'If' commands for each individual item in the game, which wouldn't be very possible or efficient. :geek:

Perhaps using some kind of reference to the FormLists? :wacko: