CS help modding a weapon

Balkhan1

Can someone point me to a tutorial on modifying weapons.

I used the CS to change the Aegis Hammer weapon from 1hand Blade to 2hand Blunt.

Now when I draw the weapon, the character's animation is OK, but the weapon remains slung on the character's belt (remains un-drawn, in other words not in the character's hands).

Thanks,

Balkhan1

I used the CS to change the Aegis Hammer weapon from 1hand Blade to 2hand Blunt.

Now when I draw the weapon, the character's animation is OK, but the weapon remains slung on the character's belt (remains un-drawn, in other words not in the character's hands).

Thanks,

Balkhan1

The CS can't effectively change a 1 handed weapon into a 2 handed weapon (or vice versa). You'll need NifSkope for that. Open the Aegis Hammer mesh in NifSkope and click on the + beside the 0 NiNode. The second or third entry in the expanded list should be NiStringExtraData with a value of SideWeapon. Double click on SideWeapon and change it to BackWeapon (you'll have to type that in, since there's no dropdown list to select it from). Save the mesh under a new name. Now open the CS with the Aegis Hammer mod set as the Active file. Find the Aegis Hammer, open it and click on the Model button (it's the raised button on top just to the left of the icon). You can then navigate through the sub-folders in your Oblivion/Data folder to find the new model you saved and select it. Save the mod and the Aegis hammer will now be a true two handed blunt (don't forget to set it as two-handed in the CS - you still need that step).

Thanks,

Balkhan1

The CS can't effectively change a 1 handed weapon into a 2 handed weapon (or vice versa). You'll need NifSkope for that. Open the Aegis Hammer mesh in NifSkope and click on the + beside the 0 NiNode. The second or third entry in the expanded list should be NiStringExtraData with a value of SideWeapon. Double click on SideWeapon and change it to BackWeapon (you'll have to type that in, since there's no dropdown list to select it from). Save the mesh under a new name. Now open the CS with the Aegis Hammer mod set as the Active file. Find the Aegis Hammer, open it and click on the Model button (it's the raised button on top just to the left of the icon). You can then navigate through the sub-folders in your Oblivion/Data folder to find the new model you saved and select it. Save the mod and the Aegis hammer will now be a true two handed blunt (don't forget to set it as two-handed in the CS - you still need that step).

Thank you for the great explanation - worked perfectly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Balkhan/Oblivion2010-10-1009-15-09-93.jpg

Balkhan1