All natural Fail

tonkrogerio

OK i Installed All natural today using OBMM and it was working pretty well, i walked around the imperial city at night to see all the lovely new lights and darkness after updating the ini, and then i thought of updating my GTX275 drivers :S

well i installed 258.96 (winxp 32bit) and as soon as i restarted oblivion it asked me to check for my PC stats as if it was the first time i started Oblivion, so i thought of getting my backed up ini file and so i did.

As the game started i noticed problems with enb series straight away, the screen was blocky on the edges, so i turned it off and proceeded to load my game.

The weather is normal at first but as soon as i go anywhere (fast travel, out the door, etc) the sky turns into pinkness of doom, or purpleness of doom at night.

I noticed that my ini was reset for all natural also, does this affect happen from updating your gfx card drivers? I am not very PC literate TBH so I am a bit lost, i have installed All natural successfully before so I am aware of how the bash patch should be.

Edit:on top 0of that, when i start a new dungeon there are missing texture signs in the windows of the cell and every hole in the ceiling has them signs also.

Can someone who isn't a complete PC retard like me give me a hand at deciphering this problem so i can carry on trying to finish modding Oblivion please?

Thanks for your time.

Your logic makes no sense. You blame All Natural when it was working, according to you, before you changed things, the drivers. So it's not All Natural that caused this issue, it was something else that occurred when you started changing things. So before you start pointing fingers at mods think about what your saying. Now with that out of the way lets get to the issue, you goofed up your install somehow. If you're missing textures then you didn't properly install All Natural, again not the mods fault, but the user. First lets make sure you properly updated your drivers. Follow these steps below.

Now changing drivers normally doesn't cause issues, but occasionally you will get some visual anomalies when you don't properly install new drivers. By properly installing new drivers that also includes properly and completely removing old drivers. By the sound of your post I'm willing to bet you just installed the new drivers on top of the old ones correct? Okay then, lets move on.

1. Go download Driver Sweeper and follow the instructions to install it.

2. Next go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, and uninstall your Nvidia Display Drivers. Only the display.

3. Reboot your system into Safe Mode. To do this Restart PC and hold F8. You must press F8 before the Windows logo comes up or it will just boot normally.

4. After you are in Safe Mode run Driver Sweeper, the program you just installed.

5. After Driver Sweeper has completed it's functions restart your PC and let it boot normally.

6. Install new drivers per manufacturer's instructions. Typically it's just running an .exe file.

7. When drivers have finished installation reboot your PC again.

Now your new drivers are properly installed. Start Oblivion and see if you have the same problems, you will if you had missing meshes signs, but check to be sure. After you find that the meshes are still missing you will need to completely reinstall the mod per the mods Readme. Follow the Readme exactly and entirely. If you are still having issues, other than missing meshes like the pixelated sky, it can still be a driver problem and you may have to roll back to the previous driver you were using before. Remember Oblivion is about 5 years old and occasionally newer drivers can cause anomalies with older software/games.

Good luck.

Well Smooth, I am thankful that you came to my rescue but I don't understand your hostility or your unwillingness to see that i never once pointed at the mod itself for being at fault. As a matter of fact, even someone unable to use complicated logic can assume that i blamed the driver installation and/or myself for this incident.

Clues

1: I mentioned i used the mod successfully before. (so that shows I understand that the mod works correctly)

2: I made references to another mod that didn't work very well after my actions of updating the driver. (once again, i couldn't be blaming two mods specially when i pointed out all this took place AFTER my driver update)

3: "does this affect happen from updating your gfx card drivers?" ( looks like I am blaming the drivers and not the mod itself here)

4: "I am not very PC literate TBH so I am a bit lost" (Looks like I am directing the fault to something other than the mod here considering I am making a mention of my PC abilities and not how i handle mods or the mod itself. Putting this with clue one will confirm that i wasn't referring to All natural as the possible cause of this problem).

There are plenty more little clues but i think these will suffice for now.

Don't get me wrong, I am indeed very grateful for your assistance and I believe that your diagnosis of what caused the error is most probably correct (haven't done as you suggested yet but the fact that i didn't do it in the first place makes me think this> i will keep you informed on the subject if your ego still permits you to continue to help me on this subject). I don't understand however, how one can be so rude and judgmental of someone they have never met, and to be frank, I am very confused at how you came to such a negative view of what i was implying. I would greatly appreciate some of your own evidence as to what led you to your conclusion or perhaps an apology.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Well I have done everything you have asked and everything is working perfectly, On top of that, my PC is also running smoother (i had already upgraded my drivers incorrectly in the past) so double thanks for fixing all natural and my PC for me ;)

Well it's hard to convey emotion or tone of voice through text so it's very easy to take things out of context. So after rereading what I typed I can see why you would think it sounded rude but I wasn't trying to get that effect. I was merely stating my observations and perhaps the way I word things may come across harsh or rude sometimes but it's just me, I'm not really a rude person. I try to help when and where I can. And the reason I seen you as blaming the mod is the thread title. It comes across to me as you stating the mod has failed or caused issues, when in reality it hasn't. So that was my reasoning for saying what I said.

Anyway I'm glad you got everything straightened out and that I could help you with that. Again I'm not trying to be a total ass but it's just the way I word things sometimes that may come across a little harsh. Sometimes this can be beneficial or the opposite detrimental. I'm more than willing to help when I can as you'll notice by my other posts but sometimes I guess I can come across as an ass because of my very blunt and straight to the point approach. Just don't take it to heart, I don't mean anything personal by it, I'm simply trying to get a point across. Maybe I should use those silly emoticons more but then people would probably think I was being sarcastic so bleh, oh well. Here's an attempt though! :thumbsup:

Good day.

Lol i see your point, Its the reason I use emoticons myself as I am also very blunt. So i can appreciate what you are saying.

I think you are most probably right though, this was just a big miss understanding. You see, the title was supposed to be a play on words, the All natural fail was a joke title for the natural ability i have at making things fail, i thought it would be funny considering the name of the mod was called all natural lol. I am sure my inability to use grammar didn't help nether.On the other hand though, i love the mod, and i know it can work properly and i have seen you help out A LOT! And that i can also appreciate.

Although, I think I may have spoken too soon, The mod started working again perfectly when i Reinstalled it but as soon as i restarted my PC it went back to the same pink sky syndrome :(

Its confusing the heck out of me now and I am lost for words, if it was based on my new drivers, wouldn't it just be pink all the time instead of it fixing itself when installed and then reverting back to pink when i restart my PC? meh, I am confused -.-

I have uninstalled it properly, and reinstalled it properly and then it goes all funky when i restart my PC again, what do you think is causing this problem? sorry for all this dude, hope you can help out as i can't :S

EDIT: OK i have uninstalled and installed again and once again everything was fine, i noticed that it wasn't the pc shutting down but wrye bash or obmm shutting down that caused the problem, when i restarted wrye bash, i also noticed that my "All natural base.esm" and " kvatch rebuilt weather patch.esp" were deactivated, so i reactivated them and started Oblivion, well, the nights are still dark, the sky is mostly pink and the windows aren't see through any more, so it looks like my wrye bash is messing up all natural when it closes down but I am not sure :S

EDIT2: OK from what i can tell, it looks like every time i restart wrye bash, it partially deactivates All natural, and no mater how much i rebuild the bash patch it stays deactivated, the meshes and textures are gone but it also looks like the all natural ini is still active because my darker nights ini tweak is still in affect, it also looks like my real lights is also still in affect. When i look at the save file i used to save the game after i reinstall all natural, it has the "all natural.esp and all natural SI.esp" files untagged, i know they are there because i can see a litle dot inside the box and even if i rebuild the bash patch the save game still has those 2 esp files untagged :S what could be causing this?

I am still lost with this weird one, i have uploaded some pics so you can see what i mean about my save game not having the esp's http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k334/TonkRogerio/MOTO/ as you can see, the esp's are merged but the save still says they aren't :S Creating a new game doesn't change this fact unfortunately

You're gonna kick yourself when you read this but here goes. :teehee: You have All Natural 'virtually activated' and it needs to be set as 'active'. See that little dot beside the ESP? That means it's merged and virtually active. A check mark means it's fully active, which is what you need for All Natural. Some mods are okay as virtually active, usually graphic replacers fall in this category, but other mods such as overhauls need to be fully active, like All Natural. That's also why your save games come up as orange. Orange means the LO has changed, and since the mod is deactivated that technically changes your LO.

Very simple to fix this, just click on the dot beside the All Natural ESPs and it will change to a check mark, fully enabling the mod. That should do it. :thumbsup:

That should fix your problem, this next bit is only for example and some suggestions of mine. Totally optional but highly recommended. Read on if you wish.

Here's my current LO from my recent reinstall and as you can see All Natural is fully active but some other graphic type mods are virtually active. When a number or hex value (number and letter) is beside the mod it's fully active. A ++ means it's fully merged, saving an ESP slot, and ** means it's virtually active, also saves an ESP slot. You can probably get an idea buy glancing at this as what can be virtually active. BOSS will usually tag them properly but sometimes you just have to experiment yourself. Basically you can try the mod as virtually active and if the changes don't take effect it needs to be fully active, pretty simple. :wink:

Active Mod Files:
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Jog_X_Mod.esm
02  ScreenEffects.esm
03  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.0]
04  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]
05  Armamentarium.esm  [Version 1.35]
06  Artifacts.esm  [Version 1.1]
07  AFC v2 Core.esm
08  HorseCombatMaster.esm
**  Cobl Races TNR.esp  [Version 1.53]
**  Cobl Races TNR SI.esp  [Version 1.53]
09  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.10]
0A  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0B  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.0]
**  LoadingScreens.esp
0C  Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
0D  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.0]
0E  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.0]
++  All Natural - Bravil Mages Fix.esp
++  All Natural - SI Settlements NIW Support.esp
0F  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.7]
10  Immersive Interiors - Lights Addon.esp  [Version 0.7]
11  Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp
++  Enhanced Water v2.0 HD - SI Addon.esp  [Version 0.1]
++  Symphony of Violence.esp
12  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.0]
13  WindowLightingSystem.esp
14  AliveWaters.esp
15  AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
16  AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
17  AFC v2 Combo Chains.esp
18  AFC v2 Locational Damage.esp
19  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
++  Cobl Bookjackets.esp
1A  ClocksOfCyrodiil.esp
1B  ImprovedSigns.esp
++  Item interchange - Extraction.esp  [Version 0.76]
1C  P1DseeYouSleep.esp
1D  Spell Delete.esp
1E  Crowded Roads Revisited.esp  [Version 1.1]
1F  Crowded Roads Revisited_ChorrolCheydinhal_5.esp
20  Crowded Roads Revisited_YellowRoad_5.esp
21  Crowded Roads Revisited_GoldRoad_10.esp
22  Crowded Roads Revisited_GreenRoad_10.esp
23  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.7]
24  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.5]
25  YetAnotherHotkeyMod.esp
26  DLCHorseArmor.esp
27  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
28  DLCOrrery.esp
29  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
2A  DLCVileLair.esp
2B  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
2C  P1DseeYouSleep - DLCVileLair.esp
2D  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
2E  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
2F  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
30  Book Jackets DLC.esp
31  GrimbotsSpellTomes.esp
32  Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp
++  CM_Better Wine_SI.esp
33  PTArtifacts.esp
34  Sin's Expanded Light Armor Kit [NPC].esp
35  RealSwords - Bosmer LO-NPC.esp
36  RealSwords - Breton LO-NPC.esp
37  RealSwords - Khajiit LO-NPC v1.3.esp
38  RealSwords - Nord LO-NPC SI.esp
39  RealSwords - Redguard LO-NPC.esp
3A  DLCThievesDen.esp
3B  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
3C  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
3D  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.72]
3E  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
++  Cobl Tweaks.esp  [Version 1.44]
++  ArmamentariumLL.esp  [Version 1.35]
++  ArmamentariumLLMagic.esp  [Version 1.35]
3F  ArmamentariumArtifacts.esp  [Version 1.35]
++  ArmamentariumLLArmaVendor.esp  [Version 1.35]
40  OBSE-Storms & Sound SI.esp
41  Artifacts.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  Artifacts - ArmaCompleteAddon.esp  [Version 1.0]
42  BHC_Expanded.esp  [Version 1.2]
43  BrotherhoodRenewed.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
44  Ranokoas City Stealth Exits.esp  [Version 2.2]
45  thievery.esp
46  Unique Dungeons - Lichs Lair.esp
47  Unique Dungeons - Lost Glory.esp
48  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
49  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
4A  DLCFrostcrag.esp
4B  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
4C  Knights.esp
4D  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
4E  ElsweyrAnequina.esp
4F  Faregyl.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
50  Faregyl+Anequina Patch.esp
51  xulAncientYews.esp  [Version 1.4.3]
++  AleswellNoRefractFix.esp
52  Curseman's Anti Extinction Mod.esp
53  DecoratorAssistant with OBSE v1.1.esp
54  DropLitTorchOBSE.esp  [Version 2.4]
55  DS Portable Sorters.esp  [Version 1.1]
56  Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp
57  Exterior Actors Have Torches 1.3 DT.esp
58  Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp  [Version 1.2]
59  Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp  [Version 3.08]
5A  Enhanced Vegetation [110%].esp
5B  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.1.1]
5C  RealisticHealth.esp
5D  RealisticForceMedium.esp
5E  Jump_Adjustment-2211.esp
5F  RealSleepExtended.esp  [Version 2.4.2]
60  EnchantmentMastery.esp
61  Syc_AtHomeAlchemy_No_Bounty_v2.esp
62  attack and hide harder v2.0.esp
63  sycHearNoEvil.esp  [Version 1.0]
64  Enhanced Grabbing.esp  [Version 0.5]
65  Denock Arrows.esp
66  Deadly Reflex 5 - Timed block and 150% damage.esp
67  DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp
68  Deadly Reflex Bow Sway.esp
69  Duke Patricks - Near Miss Magic And Arrows Alert The Target.esp  [Version 7.1]
6A  Duke Patricks - Actors Can Miss Now.esp
6B  Duke Patricks - Combat Archery.esp  [Version 3.2]
**  Let There Be Darkness - Thieves Den.esp
**  Cava Obscura - Cyrodiil.esp
**  Cava Obscura - SI.esp
**  Cava Obscura - Filter Patch For Mods.esp
6C  Cobl Races.esp  [Version 1.52]
6D  MRP - Autosaving.esp
6E  MRP - Cant Equip Item.esp
6F  MRP - Fast travel unavailable.esp
70  MRP - Horse stabled outside gate.esp
71  MRP - Loading area.esp
72  MRP - Not enough charge.esp
73  MRP - You find nothing of use.esp
74  MRP - You successfully harvest.esp
75  [GFX]_Initial_Glow-all.esp
76  Chameleon-NoRefraction-2411.esp
77  GW71_Life_Detect.esp
++  Real Lava 1.3.esp
++  ForeverView.esp
78  ScreenControls.esp
79  Cobl Silent Equip Misc.esp  [Version 01]
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.0]
7A  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
7B  Streamline 3.1.esp

And here are some BAIN packages which I strongly suggest. I'm still in the process of converting so it's not complete but you'll get the idea. BAIN is amazing after you repackage your mods for proper file structure, some mods are BAIN ready by the author. This allows much more freedom than OBMM. You can combine different texture packs without fully over writing one for example. Take a look at section 12 Replacers - World. Notice I have 6 different texture packs there, many of them altering the same files. But this is alright since I can pick and choose which files overwrite each other. So I have Bomrets for a base, a couple Trees from Improved Trees and Flora, then Vurts overwrites only certain trees I like better, then Amps Caves, and Koldorn's. You get the idea, you can fully customize to your liking. You are not limited by the last installed overwrites all previous like with OBMM. Plus you can only install parts of a mod if you wish instead of the full mod. Plus when you uninstall the mods BAIN will attempt to Anneal, or undo, the changes reverting back to vanilla or an underlying mod. Read up on BAIN and get a feel for it with some simple packages then move on to complex. You'll love it after you get the hang of it and wonder why you ever used OBMM. At least I did.

Bain Packages:
000 - ==Cobl - CoblIzed mods==
++ 001 - Cobl 172.7z (BFECAEE3) (Installed)
++ 002 - Cobl Cosmetics Resources.7z (C1254BEC) (Installed)
++ 003 - Cobl Book Jackets.rar (F46DDD1C) (Installed)
++ 004 - Portable Sorters v1-1.zip (E563D659) (Installed)
005 - ==UL - Unique Landscapes==
++ 006 - UL_-_Ancient Yews v143.7z (37F1FFDD) (Installed)
-- 007 - UL_-_Aspen Wood v102a.7z (921ADC4E) (Not Installed)
-- 008 - UL_-_Bravil Barrowfields v133.7z (068EBA96) (Not Installed)
009 - ==Unique Dungeons==
++ 010 - Unique_Dungeons Lichs Lair.rar (22A975E3) (Installed)
++ 011 - Unique_Dungeons Lost Glory v1-1.zip (8241A0AF) (Installed)
012 - ==Replacers - World==
++ 013 - Bomret's Vanilla Enhanced.rar (3AC6EE3A) (Installed)
++ 014 - Custom Roads Rocks & More.rar (36BFC896) (Installed)
++ 015 - Improved Trees & Flora.rar (8C61AC29) (Installed)
++ 016 - Vurts Landscape & Flora.rar (FC51E47E) (Installed)
++ 017 - Amp's Cave Retexture.rar (CA553198) (Installed)
++ 018 - Koldorn's World Textures.rar (9ED823C5) (Installed)
++ 019 - LOD and Noise Replacers.rar (26D59EBE) (Installed)
++ 020 - RAEVWD v1-8.7z (CC621199) (Installed)
021 - ==Weather and Immersion==
++ 022 - All Natural v1-0.7z (C9E6D835) (Installed)
++ 023 - Immersive Interiors v0-7.7z (D72F1C28) (Installed)
++ 024 - Animated Window Lighting System Meshes v5-3-4-19628.7z (BFBB4693) (Installed)
++ 025 - AWLS Brumbek Mixed Textures v5-2-0-19628.7z (9D61BD69) (Installed)
++ 026 - Cava Obscura - Darkness Mod v1-0-35099.rar (58E2552B) (Installed)
027 - ==Enhancement - Visual==
++ 028 - Improved Signs.7z (7B1F6919) (Installed)
++ 029 - Improved Fruits Veg & Meat.rar (9FA8942E) (Installed)
++ 030 - Improved Amulets & Rings.7z (B81A2B2D) (Installed)
++ 031 - Book Jackets Oblivion Hi-Res.7z (A6244BAC) (Installed)
++ 032 - Book Jackets SI.7z (ABF9FA04) (Installed)
++ 033 - Book Jackets Spell Tomes.7z (3212FDB5) (Installed)
++ 034 - Better Potion Bottles Brumbek v1-2.7z (A7C8817A) (Installed)
++ 035 - Better Wine.rar (2C4F1174) (Installed)
++ 036 - Deadly Reflex Blood ReTexture.rar (93EB1C92) (Installed)
037 - ==Enhancement - Misc==
++ 038 - Black Horse Courier Expanded.zip (08DC693D) (Installed)
039 - ==Enhancement - Sound==
040 - ==UI Mods==
++ 041 - DarNified UI 132.7z (FEA185A1) (Installed)
++ 042 - Map_Marker_Overhaul_3_7-26389.rar (0715103B) (Installed)
043 - ==Tweaks==
++ 044 - Realistic Ragdolls & Force v3.rar (1B8C19EF) (Installed)
045 - ==Combat==
++ 046 - Duke Patricks Near Miss Alert the Target Rev7p1.7z (DFD8414A) (Installed)
047 - ==Quests Minor==
++ 048 - A Brotherhood Renewed.7z (0AC878E3) (Installed)
++ 049 - Thievery in the Imperial City.rar (50868802) (Installed)
050 - ==Quests Villages Cities & Homes==
-- 051 - AFK Weye v2-1.rar (BBCD2AB0) (Not Installed)
-- 052 - Alchemist Cave COBL.rar (8604858E) (Not Installed)
++ 053 - Faregyl Village.rar (020883F9) (Installed)
054 - ==Utilities==
055 - ==Utilities - Optimizers==
++ 056 - Operation Optimization 1-1-1.7z (4C11179E) (Installed)
++ 057 - Streamline_31_BAIN-22170.7z (E6E804BA) (Installed)
++ 058 - Streamline_31_Patch_Bain-22170.7z (66E3A767) (Installed)
059 - ==Armor and Weapons - Additions==
060 - ==Armor and Weapons - Replacers==
061 - ==Last==

You are right, i do feel like kicking myself :S

Me and Motosxorpio were completely lost for words on this one (he goes to the chat rooms, don't know if you know him) i was literally giving up hope and installing fcom supper pack when you shed some light on why my time wasn't completely wasted :)

I have read about BAIN a lil but i was too scared to try it, from what i hear it doesn't add the easy omod installation that i am now used to :S leaving me greater chance to mess up i think, i might give it a go though, just cause it sounds more interesting. can i put a BAIN file on my current installation? i have about 70 mods atm i think.

And by the way... Thank you, thank you and thank you some more :D you stopped me from pulling out my hair, and considering i am bald, i was gonna pull out my head instead :S

:cool: You're welcome.

Yes you can add BAIN installs on top of what you have. Or you can convert currently installed mods to BAIN. BAIN is just a different way of adding mods but does the same as an OMOD. It allows for more customization though and takes a different approach. It's not so automated where you lose control of what your doing. This can make things easier or more complex, just take your time and start simple. In the end though stick with what you're comfortable with and what works for you.