Doesn't Make Sense ....

Hjorlwulf

They however were probably not infested by bandits, treasure hunters, ghosts, animals, and undead in general.

But they probably were infested with gang members or delinquents (bandits), bored teenagers or people making out (treasure hunters), rodents or strays (animals), meth-heads, crackheads, or people shooting up heroin (undead), and maybe even a few spooky readings on an electromagnetic meter of some kind (ghosts).

See? Oblivion is just like real life!

Now I'm going to run to the store because my car only has two speeds, reality lags noticeably when I get out and I can't defend myself until I do, and if I encounter any of the above things, they always start pounding and scratching my car before they go after me.

Then I'm going to run back, without any kind of backpack or bags, just hiding my groceries in thin air. I better not get too many strawberries though, or I might find myself weighed down to the point where I can't walk at all.

They however were probably not infested by bandits, treasure hunters, ghosts, animals, and undead in general.

But they probably were infested with gang members or delinquents (bandits), bored teenagers or people making out (treasure hunters), rodents or strays (animals), meth-heads, crackheads, or people shooting up heroin (undead), and maybe even a few spooky readings on an electromagnetic meter of some kind (ghosts).

See? Oblivion is just like real life!

Now I'm going to run to the store because my car only has two speeds, reality lags noticeably when I get out and I can't defend myself until I do, and if I encounter any of the above things, they always start pounding and scratching my car before they go after me.

Then I'm going to run back, without any kind of backpack or bags, just hiding my groceries in thin air. I better not get too many strawberries though, or I might find myself weighed down to the point where I can't walk at all.

*chuckles*

+1 for creativity :P

Maybe a few animals or ghosts, but they serve to keep out the undesirables, :thumbsup: I did find a rattlesnake in a smaller bunker, and a few small critters.

Treasure hunters do check them out, usually with a metal detector looking for artifacts.

I too am a history buff, and have gone out of my way to locate a few older sites. Such as the fort that the movie Glory made famous (Fort Wagner) - it seems the Army leveled its dirt rampart during WWII to make an airfield. Now its a public boat ramp with nothing but a historical marker. I did find another WWII abandoned artillery installation on Sullivan's Island (near Charleston SC).

In our world bandits and their like are too lazy to clean out an old fort to make it a base. They would rather rent an apartment or house near their intended victims.