Annoying oblivion problem

Moronic Dude007

Have you followed Bben's advice?

You're suggesting things now that are way more work and way more difficult than what Bben has suggested.

Did you install the game in the C:\Program Files\ series of folders? It should not be there. You might have to reinstall anyway.

Don't worry about losing your progress. You can backup your save files and put them back into your save folder after you've reinstalled.

If you're still wary, you might want to go into Control Panel and turn off UAC. This is not recommended, but if you have a good virus program (Like Avast!, not Norton) you can survive this way.

i did the load order

i installed it in D:/Program files/...

i'll probably do the reinstalling clean game as bben said but after i've tried everything else.

I'm using avg free

where i'm from

money ain't the thing that you can spend on stuff like that

script might be a lot of work

who knows

i sure don't since i can read scripts partially and not write them

but i'm planning to do that soon

but this script would ummm... capture the disp of the npc that has the intention of talking to player(there's probably a scripted action or something which says so) and before the conversation starts, it would raise the disp to 100 or something.And after the conversation stops, just restores it to the captured value.This might slow down the talk iinitiation process but it has a potential of fixing a problem.

Hi!

I vaguely remember having tried the moddisposition console command as an alternative to charming, but it didnt work. Anyway, I ended up using just charming. charming is temporary so thats a bonus.

If you are having problems with obmm, that is a separate issue entirely. haev a look at the obmm faq

http://timeslip.users.sourceforge.net/obmmm/faq.htm

good luck

Btw. I dont use vista but I heard about that uac stuff it sucks.

Make sure that all your programs are never installed to a folder called "Program Files" just cause its d: does not convince me.

this goes for oblivion, obmm, wryebash and python and any other programs you have on your computer.

Its good to install oblivion on separate drives. My install has all the bsa files uncompressed and pyffi optimized located on the outer rim of one of my drives.

oblivion folder is outer rim of another drive. i can tell you how to set up your ini file if you want to take that route.

tnx man

but later

i have thought of another possible solution

but... i've forgotten it(damn).All i remember is that it'd be a much easier way than my last suggestion.Anyway

i'll settle with charm sepells for now.

Yes, Vista sucks 100%, the worst windows i've seen except for some other windows called millenium or something

which was my first about 8 years ago

Also, you reminded me of something i have to do here as well, which is offer a modder's resource of some kind.Actually it's just a collection of sounds few GB large.Is there a point in doing that here??

It includes everythin you can think of;from ambient to physics and other stuff

Actually it's just a collection of sounds few GB large.Is there a point in doing that here??

It includes everythin you can think of;from ambient to physics and other stuff

Just make sure you aren't including any copyrighted material or you'll probably find yourself with your very own thread on Forum rules and strikes. The administrative staff is pretty quick to jump all over that stuff.

Hi!

I was just playing and got into a situation that i couldnt cast charm cause the npc had been scripted to move to my location before initiating conversation and that caused the npc to become stuck inside of my character.

So. I was forced to try to use console commands to change the disposition. Turns out you need to raise the disposition between your character and the npc both ways.

For example if your character is 00000014 and the npc is 11349c71 you need to do both:

(click on player) moddisposition 11349c71 100

(click on npc) moddisposition 00000014 100

Then it will allow the npc to start the conversation. So I was wrong before about the console command not working.

Anyway, rather than a band-aid fix it would be much more useful to figure out what is causing the problem.

about the sound collection. If its freely available on the web then its probably not worthwhile to post cause anyone can get to it if they need it already.

if you have a recording setup tho it would be really nice. especially for voicing.

I know about copyright

I was just asking to see if anyone is interested

i offered my resource on 2 other forums(one of them is about gta 4) and no one was interested, so I just wanted to know if anyone could use it.

@baduk

so that means that a script raise both the player's and npc's disp could work.

About the sounds, the sounds aren't freely available on the net and I do have a microphone and a few sound editing programs like cool edit pro 2.1, mixcraft 5 and ableton suite 8.0.4

I'm not a pro and not a native language speaker, but I know my way around these programs and can do some nice stuff with sounds.I made a sound mod for gta 4 which included some of the sounds from my collection actually being altered to sound totally different(a gun shot for example).I'd like to do something useful like voiceovers.I have an idea for a very cool mod which would include 2 new characters and 2 quests.I could use my sounds there but the thing is I know almost nothing about scripting and CS in general so I'd need someone else for that.I could do the voiceover part and could provide ideas and thoughts.What are the modders here like(in terms of their will to cooperate, I had bad experinces on some other forums)?