Help with Ammo for Custom Rock-it Launcher

Matt6sic6

I'm trying to build a custom Rock-it Launcher using the geck, but I keep running into a problem that I can't sort out. :wallbash:

I want this Rock-it Launcher to have unlimited ammo and be able to shoot nothing but 8-Balls. In the "Ammo Use" box in GECK, I wrote "0" but the gun still uses ammo. In the Ammunition dropdown box, I've selected "RockItLauncherAmmo" - Do I need to create a custom Ammunition for it, or is there something I'm missing here? If I do have to create a custom Ammuntion, what do I select for the projectile?

I'm trying to build a custom Rock-it Launcher using the geck, but I keep running into a problem that I can't sort out. :wallbash:

I want this Rock-it Launcher to have unlimited ammo and be able to shoot nothing but 8-Balls. In the "Ammo Use" box in GECK, I wrote "0" but the gun still uses ammo. In the Ammunition dropdown box, I've selected "RockItLauncherAmmo" - Do I need to create a custom Ammunition for it, or is there something I'm missing here? If I do have to create a custom Ammuntion, what do I select for the projectile?

I haven't really experimented much with weapons, but I would say at a glance to solve the kind of ammunition you use, you would have to make a new set of ammunition using the 8 balls as a model for the ammo; you would need to extract the BSA files using something like FO3 Archive. Then choose this as your ammo type to be used with your custom rock-it launcher.

There are two ways you could solve the infinite ammo problem:

1) add a ridiculously high clip size onto the ammo you created, which would give the impression of infinite ammo, if not be completely infinite.

2) Edit a Fallout 3 ammunition that has the word 'robot' in it and just replace all the data for what you want your 8 ball to be; 'robots' are what followers use so they don't use up ammunition. It should have the same effect, but as I've said, I haven't tried it but it should work in theory.

I hope I helped a little

I finally figured it out, thanks man.

I got stuck after I solved the ammo problem, the projectile itself was still a problem. For some reason even with the Rock-it Launcher Ammo projectile selected, like the normal Rock-it launcher has, it kept firing missiles... I had to make a custom 8-ball projectile in order for it to actually fire the 8-ball out of the launcher...

Now if I could just find a way to retrieve the 8-ball after it's fired I'll be in serious business... I know I know "Why do you want to retrieve it if you have unlimited ammo?" The short answer is realism.

I dont think you can due to the way the geck is coded as soon as you set a projectile it is not treated like an item anymore however in the default rock-it-launcher the projectile is an item defined in a list the actual projectile is just a wave that follows the item shot out